Chapter 5

Nathan.

After my incident with little miss rude. I went for the assembly with the boys I met; Peter  Ezechukwu, David Prince and Matthew Nnadi. Honestly, this boys are vibes.

They prepped me on what to expect in this school, the wicked teachers, best teachers and finest girls.

"Guy! That girl, Priscilla Omodele! She fine dieeee!" He kept ranting as we made our way to the assembly ground. "Guy! No be Naomi be that?" He asked. "Na am oo! She fine eeh!" For some reason, that didn't sit well with me. I just brushed it and made my way pass to the hall.

I was in awe, like, the kind where you just have your jaw wide, literally sweeping the floor. No exageration.

The hall was big, like mad big. Comprising of different demacation boards, for each class. A big podium, tow huge gates at each side, apart from the one we entered through, the hall was massive.

*****
After the assembly, I was asked to go to the staff room with the class teacher; government.

"So, you are a new student?" Mrs adepoju asked. "Yes, ma!" I answered, inspecting the office.

"Okay, so follow me." She said as she walked out of the office with me following suit. We passed some noisy classes, a big door with a 'Laboratory class's tape tagged to it. We got to the gate, where I and miss rude had our little incident and she pushes the gate slightly opened and walked through, her apple scent lingering in the air.

I didn't think teachers will smell nice, I thought they'll smell like dried sweat and body odour.

I internally chastised myself for having such thoughts. We walked a little and stopped at a brown wooden door, noise booming from all corners of the class room. Mrs adepoju opened the door slightly and walked in, the murmurs died down. I stood out the class as I watched her.

""Good morning, Mrs adepoju!" The class greeted, all of them on their feets with different countenance on their faces. Some with genuine smiles, others, with bored expressions.

"Welcome, my babies." The teacher greeted back, but the students seemed to be disagreeing with that term, because, murmurs of who is this one's baby? Mtceeewww! Filled the air.

Not minding the murmurs, she continued. "So, today being the first day of the term, we will be doing revision, bit, before we start, we have a new student." She beckoned me to come closer, which I did. "Introduce your self to the class, Nathan."

I nodded, and I turned to face the class. The first person I set my eyes on, was the girl from earlier, the rude one. So, I put the confident smirk on my face and I began;

"Okay, I'm Simisola Akindele Nathan. But, you can call me, Nathan. I recently moved from Abuja, I'm a straight A student and I like making friends." And then, I did the meeting at stupid thing ever, I winked at the miss rude. Her expression was priceless, I almost laughed. Almost.

"Is there an empty seat around?" Mrs adepoju asked the class, no one stood, omo. I was frustrated, to think they'll make me carry this their heavy ass chairs and make a space for me to seat down at the back.

Olurun maje! If I village people like, let them be doing, me! I'm not loosing any weight, abeg!

Again, I almost laughed at my thoughts. I was about to speak when a chair suddenly shifted and dark skinned girl stood up and said, " Ma! There is an empty chair here. And she walked away.

If there was any prophet that had told me I was going to be seating with miss rude, I would have chastised that prophet. But, here I am, seating next to her. Sigh!

I walked slowly, making sure to put that confident smirk on my face. I waved at some girls, and some other people before moving to my seat beside my seething seatmate.

I was staring intently at her, call me weird, but, I loved staring at her. She was so beautiful, so fucking beautiful, it hurt.

Just like an alarm bells went off my head, I regain my senses and I looked away.

"So, today we are going to be discussing about political parties, who can give us an idea?" Mrs adepoju asked the class, but, but hands were raised. I noticed that miss rude was about to answer the question but I beat her to it.

"Political parties are competitive entities that organize competition for political offices." I responded, still keeping that smirk on my face. Miss rude scoffed, a dry scoff and I resisted the urge to chuckle at her childishness. Nonetheless, I ignored her and her banters, I fixed my gaze back to the teacher.

The class came to an end with my seatmate that slept through out the whole class, I couldn't fault her, the class was boring as hell. "Thank you all for listening." Mrs adepoju gave us her farewell, about to leave the classroom, she turned. "Nathan, please wake Naomi up and tell her to see me at my office." She said and I nodded in response.

After much cool down and mental breaths, I summoned courage to tap the sleeping girl. I tapped her once, she didn't respond and I got scared, I shook her violently this time and she flared up. She snapped rudely at me. "What!?" She asked, lines of vexation etched at her face. But, I ignored it and continued.

"Mrs adepoju said I should wake you up." I looked her dead in the eye and said my words. Anyone passing or looking would think I was so confident and that I wasn't scared. That was a lie.

I lied.

They way she was staring at me like I stole her cocoyam, thick black orbs that stared at me, daring me and challenging me, but, I stood my ground.

"I said Mrs ade_" she didn't let me finish before she snapped again. "Do I look deaf to you? I heard you the first time!" She stood up, her pose and stance like that of an angry woman, she strode out.

A breath I didn't know I was holding was released.

But, one thing was certain. I was intrigued by this specimen.

***
I know, I know...
I'm sorry.

Before anything and any excuses. Y'all have seen the new cover, right? Well, it was designed by my babe. __toyosi
It's so pretty, right??

So, back to the real deal. I'm so sorry I haven't updated, I really am. I'm trying y'all, I am. But, it's all good.

This chapter is unedited.😭
Please call my attention to any typing errors. Thank you.♥️

Vote! Comment! Share;

Xo
daniella.♥️