Chapter 3

Nathan.

You know that feeling when the AC is on but you are sweating, infact, your whole body is sweaty and you feel like you are choking out on air.

That's exactly how I felt.

I am currently seated at the back seat of my father's Benz, with him at the front, his gaze fixed firmly on the road.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm scared, maybe because my father hasn't said a word to me since we both came into this car.

Today was supposed to be the best day of my life, because I had already planned in my head that the driver would take me to school and I will come into the school with a grand entrance. But who am I kidding.

The car abruptly stopped and that's when I knew we have reached the school.

My heart beat wasn't erratic, it was abnormal. I could literally hear it doing, gbim gbim.

"Aren't you going to come down" he finally spoke, his voice void of emotion and his face expressed no emotion whatsoever.

"I- i- I'm coming down sir" I stuttered as I rushed out of the car. I didn't know what to do, whether I had to stand there or start walking into the building. I decided against the latter. So, I proceeded to stand there, by the side of my father's car, with me consciously thugging at my tie.

"What are you doing standing there?!" He said as he stepped down of the car, once again, his face void of any emotions. I couldn't even talk or reply back to what he had asked me. I just stood there looking at him, my mind withdrawn from the presence. That's how much his presence affects me.

"What are you doing standing here?!" He asked again, this time his voice rising an octave higher, his face expressed disdain.

I didn't even know what snapped in me, but I ran inside the school leaving my father outside by the car. By the time I got to the administrative block, I bent low with my hands on both thighs panting for air.

I stood up and continued my journey to the principal's office. I immediately saw the office as I walked into the small gate separating the bursers' office.

I had to wait for my dad, so I resulted to sitting on the three sitters bench.

The administrative block is really huge, with the schools' symbol painted at the far end of the room. The burser's office is a spacious curb, maybe the largest curb I have seen. The theme painted plain blue matching the neatly swept blue tiles.

"Let's go inside" the voice of my father spoke, his face still held no emotions.

We walked inside the principal's office without knocking. Typical dad.

The principal was startled at first and she looked like she was about to the shout at whoever that walked into her office without knocking. She looked up immediately, on seeing my dad, she stood up abruptly and greeted my dad. Fear evident on her face.

"Good day Mr. Akindele" she said as she brought her hand out to shake him. But as always. "We are not here for formalities, I'm here to enroll my son in this school. Only because, I heard this is one of the best schools in town." He said, his expression as stoic as ever and his demeanor remained impassive.

"Alright sir, please have a seat, while I get the forms" the principal. Mrs. Ademoye said as she withdrew her hands and left the office.

She was back in a flash and she gave my father the forms. He filled everything, she thanked him and he left.

"I will show you to the school map where you will locate your class." Mrs. Ademoye said and I nodded my head gently, and I walked out of her office.

****

To say I was amazed was an understatement, I was beyond surprised. Words can't even describe how amazed I am at this point.

We walked out of the principal's office, she showed me around to some places around that versility. And currently, I'm in the seniors block.

The senior block has to be the largest side of the school. The hall before the senior block is the assembly and announcement hall. The senior block is vast and large. The laboratories are countless. I can't count how many labs I have passed.

Anyway, I'm currently at the main gate leading to the art class and I got lost on my way. I sighted a group of boys and I threw them a Curt wave, signalling one of them to come to my aid.

"Guy howfar na, you must be new around here, I never see this face for this school before" the taller one of the guys said. "Yh, I'm new and I'm looking for the art class" I said growing impatient.

"Ooh, the art class." He nodded his head in realization. " Just enter this gate, the second class you see in a row is the art class." He said and I nodded thanking him.

I was just about to leave when he asked. "What's is your name? I'm Peter Ezechukwu" he looked at me, awaiting my answer. "I'm Akindele Nathan" I replied and he nodded.

I was still looking at the guy, wondering why he was asking my name, when suddenly someone tripped on my feet, causing the person's phone to fall to the ground.

I wanted to apologise to the person, but I needed to pick the phone, so I bent down to pick the phone the same time her hand touched the phone. I immediately rose up and I began.
"I'm very sorry, I didn't see you coming" I said raising my head slowly and immediately my eyes came in contact with her icy ones, my breathing hitched, I couldn't stop staring at her eyes. She was hands down the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her eyes held no emotions whatsoever.

Her uniform looked like they were sown to her perfection. Clad in the white shirt, but it was cropped along with a short flare skirt that stopped above her knees. Her knee length socks paired in a black Nike Snickers.

The sound of the electric bell jolted us out of our mini reverie.

"I am so sorry, I didn't see you coming" I said trying to sound as apologetic as possible. "I honestly don't care, just try to look at where you are going. And also, has nobody ever told you that staring Is rude?" She said as she sidestepped me and left.

I honestly don't know what her problem is. The fault was both sides. I reasoned, as I continued my journey.

****
A/N

Hey, guys!
How are all you doing?

Firstly, I want to apologise for my inconsistency in updating.😭😭 I'm so sorry.

I won't give any silly excuses, but just know that from now on, I'll try to be as constant as possible.

Also, I made this chapter longer. You can actually have a view of Nathan's head. Hehehe!😂🤭.

I want to specially thank all my readers who have stayed with me through out. I love you all.✨♥️

And for those who took their time to check in on me, on my DM. I see all of you, thank you.✨♥️.

And also, CRACK is two months old todayyyyyyyyyyyy! Omg! I am so excited.😭✨🤭♥️🌹.

Thank you everyone, God bless you.♥️

Lastly, I'm on holidays from school, so I'll be updating frequently. By God's grace.😭♥️.

Thank you all, once again. ✨

VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE.

<3
Daniella.