As I was choosing my combination, I heard my mom and dad reading out a list to my brother. The list was just to make sure he had everything he needed for school as he's only 7 and he doesn't have the memory like his older sister. I smiled at the sight it was a simple sight looking at my family with big smiles on their faces, a simple sight but a lovely one.

After eating my breakfast, with my newly found combination of chocolate spread and grape, I heard a car horn outside my house. I already knew exactly who it was, and so a smile appeared on my face.

My parents looked at me and smiled. "Have a nice day, sweetheart, we love you," they both said in sync like the crazy love birds they are. I smiled at them, and I exited the house and entered Conners's car.

"Hey you, excited for our first day back," he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Ready as one can be for another year of torture," I replied with a sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgans POV

I arrived at school after a 20-minute walk. It wasn't all that bad. I got to see birds flying from their nests, probably to look for food for their kids. I got to see the cat I always see when I go out. I named him Charles. Sadly enough, I think Charles is the only other living thing that knows me and who I am.

I stepped foot into the hallway and found my way to my locker, where I put in the books I was gonna need this year. Looking at the books I could tell, I was gonna struggle with most subjects, and that most definitely meant this year was gonna be probably my worst year.

It wasn't because I was stupid. I just had a hard time coming to school most days last year. The school was told I was just really ill, which I guess wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the complete truth either. Either way, I've missed a lot and not just knowledge-wise people wisely. I didn't have any friends, and not because I get bullied just because people probably don't know I exist.

I don't help myself, to be honest. I'm hardly in, and when I am, I never speak in class. I even go out of my way to avoid the canteen in hopes I don't accidentally take someone's seat. Having no friends is very lonely, and it probably doesn't do me any good, but it also helps.

I don't have to worry about someone seeing marks, and that's a trade I would always take. I never want attention as that's when I can't control what happens next who sees my marks, who knows, and the amount of talking people would do. So no friends help.

I was cut from my thoughts when my name was called out. I looked around to see who was talking to me. if they were talking to me? and why? Turns out my name was being called out by the speaker above me. "Morgan, come to the principal's office!"

As I made my way there, all the attention was on me. Whispering and pointing.All the things I didn't want and all due to a speaker. This better be a life-or-death situation. I entered the principal office to be welcomed by the principal himself and a beautiful blonde girl.

She didn't look timid or anxious. She looked sure of herself like she was the leader and everyone followed her. Normally, I would hate people like that, but the more I stood in the room with her, I sensed there was more to her, and that intrigued me.

"Do you know why you're here, Morgan?" The principal asks me like I was supposed to know.

"No, sir," I replied, hoping it was important and wondering why the blonde girl was still there.

"I've called you here today because, as you know, you missed a lot last year," he said while he stared at me, trying to figure me out.

"I'm aware, sir," I replied, sarcastic while the blonde girl next to me laughed a little.

"Well I want Miss Ava-Rose here to tutor you so that you can catch up on all you missed last year and give you a fighting chance at your exams later this year" he said as he starred at me waiting for me to reply with only one answer as there only was one correct answer.

So I replied with the answer he so desperately wanted "Alright sir that sounds like a good idea."

For the first time, Ava broke her silence and spoke, "When do you want me and her to start?"

The principal realised he had left out that part of the information and told us that we would meet in the library after school for an hour. Ava didn't seem to be overly happy about this arrangement, but she didn't seem mad either. I, on the other hand, was just happy I would be at home one hour less each day.

We existed an office together where she looked at me. I've never seen eyes just like hers. So blue they reminded me of the ocean but the ocean when the sun hits it just right and it is a shining light blue that twinkles now and again.

We continued to gaze into one another's eyes until she cleared her throat and said, "I look forward to seeing you later." her voice sounded like a song you know would instantly be your favourite. Her voice continued to replay in my head, and I never wanted it to leave.

I realised I had to reply so I found the words and courage to reply "I can't wait either don't keep me waiting" She smiled back at me and that smile is now my new favourite thing.

I couldn't wait for the day to pass to see my new favourite thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ava-Rose POV

"CONNER SHES SO BEAUTIFUL." I had caught Conner up on everything, and he was excited probably even more than me. He tried searching her on social media it worked but she didn't have any photos of her.

"Hmmm, that's a bit strange, no photos. Are you sure she's not some criminal?" Conner asked me jokingly.

"Eyes like hers can't be criminal there to innocent while they also tell an infinite amount of stories each I want to hear maybe she's just a private person" I replied hoping that she was just a private person and not part of some criminal gang.

I realised that it was almost time for lessons to start, and so before I walked into lessons, I sent Morgan a follow request before I turned off my phone as my heart started beating fast. I was terrified, but I was also intrigued.

I can't wait to see her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Editors Note

I hope you enjoyed this chapter it was more of an introduction to each character so that you can see both the differences and similarities between them.

This is the first book I've ever written, so it won't be perfect, but I at least hope you enjoy the story :)