2-...Replacement? No way.

Start from the beginning

Monty had just finished exploring the bowling alley and took his place beside Chica -- who stood in front of the bunny.

"Maybe," Chica agreed. "But we should switch off now! Yknow, you two can get to know Monty while taking him around."

Freddy smiled at the proposal. "That's a good idea. If Monty's ok with it, of course."

They all looked at the gator, who went a little wide-eyed at the sudden spotlight.

Monty quickly recovered from his anxiety and flashed a smile.

"Sure I am! I haven't talked to either of you much anyway, this'll be a good opportunity!" He sounded quite eager.

Bonnie smiled back and stood up. "So then, where to?"

Chica quickly answered -- she seemed glad Bonnie and Freddy were more than ok including Monty.

"He's already seen Mazercise and Fazerblast, so maybe the Raceway and Daycare?" She tried naming other popular destinations rather than the less known ones.

"Alright then, we'll see you two later." Freddy replied, walking to Monty as Bonnie followed suit.

The three exited the bowling alley with Monty and Freddy immediately starting small talk -- Bonnie joined in only sometimes but it was clear Freddy and Monty got along well.

Back in the bowling alley, Chica and Roxy discussed the gator they'd just met.

"He seems nice, but a little too nice..." Roxy started.

"I can see where you're coming from...somethings wrong, I can feel it." Chica responded. "You don't think he's a...spy or something, do you?"

Roxy immediately shot down Chica's theory. "No...no, I don't see what the point in that would be...but, he might-" She paused, clearly in near disbelief at what she was about to say.

"Hm?" Chica urgently asked -- she couldn't wait any longer for Roxy to complete her thought. Who knew she would regret hearing the answer.

"I think he might be a replacement."

-

With Bonnie, Freddy, and Monty

-

The three had just finished in the daycare and began walking to the Raceway. Monty was thoroughly flabbergasted at what he'd seen.

"That Sun was really...something!" The gator exclaimed, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to come up with something nice to say about the guy.

Bonnie chuckled a little, not surprised. "Yeah, that's usually the reaction he gets."

Freddy scoffed. He'd always been more fond of Sun than anyone else was. "C'mon, don't say that. He's really not that bad...not worse than Moon, anyway."

Bonnie rolled his eyes and laughed even more. "Oh be quiet! You only don't like Moon because he said your design isn't good enough to be the lead. It's not true either way."

Freddy pouted as Monty chuckled at their antics.

"You're only saying that to make me feel better." The bear murmured, clearly having taken Moon's past comment to heart.