CHAPTER 48

Samantha's POV

another morning shine through my bedroom window in my parents house. Yes, I walked back. Again.

I had a big talk with dad when I returned home. He wasn't happy at all. But after both crying and laughing we solved it. And now, I am living here until I find my own apartment here in Washington. I have my eyes on one in the city, an antic with three rooms. The rent is okay, and if I take the job at the bar underneath I'll have money to live there. Another surprise, yes, I will be working on a bar. Since me and Harry are starting over I think it's the best not to involve work with romance. So I'm becoming a barista. And I'm going on a course early next week.

I let out a soft yawn, gently rubbing my eyes with my hands. Today I am helping my mom with cleaning the house, she's having this tea party this afternoon and as her daughter it's my duty to help her.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed as I gently stretched my arms above my head. I let out another yawn, absorbing the early morning.

I stood up, gently walking over towards my closet. I picked out a plaid white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans.
I quickly changed into my new clothes and left the bedroom downstairs.

"Hey mom" I said as I entered the kitchen, heading towards the coffee machine.

"Hey love, slept well?"

I nodded, pouring up some coffee into a blue cup "better than I deserve"

She smiled softly "don't be so hard on yourself"

I sat down in front of her on the other side of the table "I know, but my life has been a roller coaster lately"

She nodded, taking a sip from her coffee "it's normal, but yours have been a little more dangerous than others"

"Yeah"

I haven't told mom or dad about the kidnap. Cassie called me yesterday and asked if I was alright. Apparently it was Lorenzo, my biological father, who wanted to punish her for taking contact with me. Yeah, he didn't want to have me so that's one of the other reasons why Cassie dumped me at the hospital for adoption.

"I'm so exited for tonight, I even invited Harry's mother Anne"

I frowned "that's so?"

"Yeah, I met her and Harry for a couple of days ago, and then I asked her"

I nodded, taking another sip from my coffee "show her your best side"

"I only have a good side dear"

I smiled "right"

She smirked "what do you mean?"

I giggled softly "well, for example when dad mixes red and white socks, when dad puts the shampoo on the floor instead of the shelve you bought just for him, hmm, and when I don't wipe away bread crunches from the table when I've ate"

She smiled, grabbing a breakfast biscuit from a jar on the table "that's true, but I'm only saying it because of love"

"With a little higher voice"

"Exactly"

I smiled as I gently swallowed the last sip of black coffee in my cup. "I'll start with the living room" I said as I stood up, making my way over to the counter.

"Great, just wipe away some dust and mop the floor"

I nodded, heading towards moms special made cleaning room underneath the stair. I opened the light blue door, everything was in place. I picked up a bottle of Ajax with a sent of vanilla, I also picked a mop and some paper.

I made my way into the living room and placed everything on the little brown coffee table. I made up a quick schedule in my head, I'll start with wiping away dust from the TV and the TV bench, then take the coffee table, the bookshelf and dads little trophy shelve.

"Sam, can you please go out with the garbage?" Mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Now?" I replied, tossing the Ajax smelling paper into a trash can.

"Yeah, I need to get the smell out of here"

I giggled softly, leaving the room towards the kitchen.

"You're my angel" mom said, handing me two bags of smelling garbage.

"Yeah, for now" I smiled, holding out my arms to keep distance from the smell.

I walked outside on the path towards the large garbage can. I tossed the smelling bags as I wrinkled my nose. I smashed the lid close, noticing something by my side.

I turned my head and jumped two feet up into the air.

"shit" I breathed, meeting Vicky's eyes and her red hair.

"I'm so glad to see you" she said, giving me a small smile in the early morning sun.

"okay" I said a little unsure.

"You look way better now. Without the blue nose and all"

I nodded "thanks, I feel a lot better"

She smiled gently grabbing my hands in hers.

Ew.

"I'm so sorry for what I did in high school. I was really immature"

A slut, you were a slut.

"It's okay"

She arced a brow "it's not okay, and especially not everything with lucas-"

"Vicky it's okay, really"

She waved away my words with her red painted hand "don't be silly, I want to make everything up with you. Let's go and take some lunch"

I fake smiled "I'm helping my mom with cleaning for her tea party this eve-"

"Perfect, I'll help" she said, shining up like a sun in the already sunny weather.

On the inside I was crying.

"It's not that dirty" I pointed out.

She smiled "I'll help you clean, and then I'll take you out for lunch"

No escaping this.

"Okay, fine" I said as Vicky clapped her hands together.

I turned around, cussing in the air as I rolled my eyes hard out of sight of Vicky.

Great. Now I'm going to spend my day with Vicky. My bully for 4 years. I took a big breath of air as I opened the door for her.

"Make yourself at home" I said with the best  smile I could come up with.

"Thank you"

She walked past me into the hall, I closed the door behind us, praying to god that hell don't brake loose.

-----------------
Sorry for a REALLY LATE update. And since you've noticed I've erased a couple of chapters to change Samantha's and Harry's story a little. Hope you like it xx

Much love xx