Chapter 9: Give and Take

Começar do início

I think it was called,

"Ale and... Yale?" I questioned.

Is that right..?

"Are you perhaps referring to Ale & Tale milady"

"Ahh, so that's what it's called"

A bit of a cheesy name if you ask me but I guess the name gives away the tavern's real purpose.

"Do you know about this place Eleanor?"

"I know a little bit milady"

"I've actually been there once myself"

"Could you tell me a bit about the place?"

"Well, it's usually filled with commoners gathering for a drink"

"I did see a few mercenaries when I was there as well"

"It's a pretty rowdy place, there were even a few fights that broke out while I was there"

"I see.."

"Okay then, it's decided, let's go there"

"To the tavern milady?" Eleanor questioned.

"But why would such an elegant lady such as yourself go to a place like that?"

"Let's just say, our livelihood is at stake," I said under my breath.

"Also could you show me where I keep my jewelry?"

I have a feeling this might just be the start of a give-and-take relationship.

***

After arriving at the town square, I fixed my hair and tucked it into my cloak to avoid being identified.

Being recognized inside the tavern will only make my reputation worse.

Even though Eleanor wanted to accompany me, I told her to stay back at the duchy.

It's not like I don't trust her but, I don't want her to get involved in anything that could put her and Anne in danger.

I had the coachman drop me off near a couple of stores farther away from the tavern to not arouse suspicion.

It's only a matter of time before the Duke starts tailing me if he hasn't already.

As I walked through the town square, I finally came across the tavern.

The entrance had two large wooden double doors and above the doors was a bright red banner reading,

Ale & Tale

Castillo's first stop for a cold glass of Ale and Tales that will make your ears spin.

The slogans in this world are something else, I chuckled.

As I pushed open the doors I was immediately greeted by two customers that had gotten into a brawl right in front of me.

Multiple customers swarmed around them as they cheered on the fight.