4

"Florence" Tommy walked into the room, taking his hat off. The young girl looked up from her book. "Would you like to go on a drive?" he asked.

"To where?" she asked politely. "To see my sister Ada," he said.

She looked over at Polly who hesitated before nodding. Florence jumped up with a smile, grabbing her coat and following him out to the car.

He opened the door for her, letting her in the front seat.

"Where does Ada live?" she asked. "Near London" Tommy said, starting up the car. "I've never been to London, always wanted to go" She told him.

"Well, you're finally going, eh?"

The car ride was long but enjoyable. Tommy attempted conversation with the girl which was surprisingly easy as she was good to speak to. "You know," he started. "Over these past two days, you've reminded me a bit of our Ada" he said, parking the car.

Florence tilted my head. "Except you don't seem as stupid as her, and from what your brother has told me, i'm right. You're a smart girl"

She got out the car, walking close beside him. "I've always been good in school," Florence agreed, her dark hair blowing in the wind.

He laughed slightly at her as he unlocked the door to the house. Tommy walked into the room where Ada stood, a gun pointed.

Florence stood wide eyed. Ada looked at the girl and lowered the gun.

"You've got a key?" she asked her brother. "I kept a spare" he nodded. "Give it to me" she instructed. He took the key and placed it on the table.

"Could do with some paint, eh?"

"Yeah, when i decide. Whose this?" she asked, looking at the girl in the light pink dress. "This is Florence, Polly's daughter" He said.

Florence smiled slightly. "Hello"

Ada tilted her head. "Hello, Florence" She greeted.

"What is it that you want Tommy?" Ada asked, looking back at him. "Just came by to say hello, and to introduce you to Florence."

"Tommy Shelby never goes anywhere for no reason"

"Fine" he sighed. "I've got £800 left in the Shelby property fund and i need somebody down here to look for suitable properties"

Florence glanced out the window, not listening the the conversation.

Ada nodded toward the girl. "She's fine" he whispered. "To rent?" she asked. "Yes"

"To poor people. Ten to a room, no repairs, no water. And if they complain you just send Arthur and the boys round. You know i give advice down at the library, families thrown on the street. It's men like you that we're fighting"

Tommy stood. "Anyway, we were just passing, thanks for the tea. Florence" he called her away from the window.

"Tommy, there are always men outside watching the house" She stopped him. "Yeah. Gangsters of the worst kind" he nodded. "They're there to keep you safe"

"No, others, they look like coppers"

"Well they are on your side as well"

"I don't have a fucking side" she leaned back. "Ada, yes you do. And anyway if i thought there was no one watching the house, i couldn't sleep. Cheerio then"

"Goodbye" She waved at Ada, following Tommy outside.

"Polly has taken Micheal down to her other house, i'll take you there"

-

"This house is mine" Polly told the boy, "i've taken on a maid, she's made up the big room for you, the one next to it for Florence. Come on let's have a look" she urged.

The went inside and Micheal looked around. "Thought we could spent the week here" she told him. "You know, get to know each other, again"

Micheal sat down, nodding.

"I've got ham, do you like ham?"

"I like ham, yes" he said. "I've got a maid" she stopped herself from walking. "Yes, you've said"

-

Florence looked up at the big house that Tommy parked the car outside of. "Come on then" he said opening the door for her.

"Polly?" he shouted. "Upstairs" she said.

Florence cautiously walked up the stairs, joining Micheal and Polly in the large room. "Hello, love" Polly said as the girl sat beside Micheal, his arm falling over her shoulder.

"I went to see Ada" She looked up at Micheal. "I finally got to go to London" She said excitedly.

A warm feeling filled Polly as she watched the two laughing with each other.

"What she like, Ada?" he asked. Florence thought for a moment. "She's very pretty" She nodded. "Tommy said she's smart too"

"Well then, you two will get along won't you" he teased, poking her side.

-

Florence laid in the bed alone, staring at the ceiling. She rolled over for the fifth time, huffing. She couldn't sleep.

She carefully climbed out of bed, trying not to make any noise and went to see if her brother was awake. Florence pushed the door open and Micheal looked over. "Why are you awake" he asked.

"I can't sleep" she whispered. He sighed, making room on the bed and patting it.

She climbed next to him, laying on her back.

"Something on your mind?" he asked. She let out a breath. "I don't think i want to go back" she said quietly. He tilted his head. "It's just, we finally found her and i don't expect you to fully understand me because," she paused. "I'm not sure what to call her..our other mother that we just left, never really treated me the same way as she did you"

He listened carefully.

"And i think it'd be better if i stayed here. But i don't blame you if you want to go back" Florence looked at him.

"If you stay, i'll stay," he said, looking at the ceiling.