Chapter 41: Regret

The digital clock on Y/N's nightstand blinked 2:47 AM, a stark reminder of the sleepless hours she had spent wrestling with her thoughts. The room was bathed in the soft glow of moonlight, casting elongated shadows across the walls.

Turning over in bed, Y/N let out a heavy sigh as her mind replayed the events of the past weeks. The argument with Quackity had left an indelible mark on her heart, a wound that seemed to deepen with every passing day. The words exchanged had been harsh, unforgiving, and had shattered the bond they had once shared.

The message from WilburSoot had been unexpected, a beacon of light in the darkness of her thoughts. He was a friend she could confide in, someone who had stood by her side through thick and thin. With a determined exhale, Y/N picked up her phone and typed out a message to him.

"Hey Wilbur, I really need someone to talk to right now. Can we meet up tomorrow?"

As the message sent, a sense of relief washed over her. The prospect of sharing her feelings with a friend offered a glimmer of solace, a chance to unburden the weight that had settled on her heart. Wrapping herself in her blankets, Y/N allowed herself to drift into a restless sleep, her thoughts a swirling tempest.

The next day found Y/N and WilburSoot seated across from each other in a corner of a local Arby's. The aroma of freshly cooked sandwiches filled the air, mingling with the soft hum of conversation around them.

WilburSoot's warm smile was a comforting sight, a silent invitation to share her thoughts. Y/N took a deep breath, staring at her hamburger as she spoke, her voice laden with emotion. "Wilbur, things between me and Quackity have just... fallen apart. It's like everything we had, all those moments we shared, they've all crumbled away."

WilburSoot nodded sympathetically, his blue eyes meeting hers with understanding. "I'm here for you, Y/N. You know that, right?"

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes as she nodded, a mix of frustration, hurt, and confusion bubbling to the surface. "I thought we had something real, something that could withstand anything. But that argument... it changed everything. And now I'm left wondering if it was all just a mistake."

WilburSoot reached across the table and placed a reassuring hand on hers. "Relationships are complicated, Y/N. They're built on shared moments, but they also require communication and understanding. Maybe it's worth considering if this is something that can be worked through, or if it's time to move forward separately."

Y/N let out a shaky breath, her eyes fixed on her intertwined fingers. "I don't know, Wilbur. It's just so hard to let go of something that meant so much to me."

He squeezed her hand gently, offering unwavering support. "Take your time, Y/N. And remember, you deserve happiness and someone who truly values you."

As their conversation continued, Y/N found herself unburdening her heart, sharing her doubts, fears, and hopes. The weight on her shoulders felt a little lighter, and in the midst of it all, she realized that WilburSoot was right—she deserved happiness and a love that was genuine.