Chapter 38: Heartfelt Conversations

Y/N's heart was heavy as she paced back and forth in her room, the events of the previous day replaying in her mind like a broken record. The image of Quackity with that girl was seared into her memory, a constant reminder of the hurt and confusion she felt. She needed someone to talk to, someone who might understand and offer a different perspective.

With a determined sigh, she reached for her phone and dialed WilburSoot's number. She hesitated for a moment before pressing the call button, her fingers trembling slightly. The phone rang a few times before Wilbur's voice came through the other end.

"Hey, Y/N! What's up?" Wilbur's cheerful tone was a small comfort, a reminder of the friendship they had built over time.

"Hey, Wilbur," Y/N replied, her voice carrying a hint of uncertainty. "I... I need to talk to someone. Can we meet up?"

"Of course! Are you okay?" Wilbur's concern was evident in his voice.

Y/N let out a shaky breath. "I... I just need to get some things off my chest. Can we meet at that McDonald's we like?"

"Absolutely, I'll be there in no time. Hang in there, Y/N," Wilbur reassured her before ending the call.

Y/N sat in a corner booth at the local McDonald's, her fingers tapping anxiously against the laminated table. She glanced at her phone, waiting for a message or a call from WilburSoot. It had been a tumultuous few days since she had seen Quackity with that girl, and her heart was still heavy with hurt and confusion.

Finally, her phone buzzed, and she looked up to see Wilbur entering the restaurant with a friendly smile. She waved at him, and he made his way over, sliding into the seat across from her.

"Hey, Y/N! Sorry I'm a bit late," Wilbur greeted, his warm smile offering a sense of comfort.

Y/N smiled back, her nerves beginning to ease. "No problem at all, Wilbur. Thanks for meeting me here."

Wilbur nodded, his eyes kind and understanding. "Of course, Y/N. You sounded like you really needed to talk."

"Yeah," she began, her voice quiet. "I've been feeling... lost, I guess. After what I saw with Quackity, I just don't know what to think anymore."

Wilbur leaned forward, his gaze focused on her. "Tell me about it, Y/N."

Taking a deep breath, Y/N recounted the painful scene she had witnessed, the image of Quackity with that girl still fresh in her mind. She shared her feelings of hurt, betrayal, and confusion, her words spilling out in a rush.

Wilbur listened attentively, his expression serious. "I'm really sorry you had to go through that, Y/N. It must have been incredibly tough."

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes, and she quickly wiped them away. "Yeah, it was. I thought... I thought we had something real, Wilbur."

He reached across the table, his hand resting gently on hers. "You deserve someone who respects and values you, Y/N. Don't forget that."

Y/N nodded, her heartache slowly giving way to a glimmer of hope. "I just wish I knew what he was thinking, you know? I wish I could understand why he did that."

Wilbur's thoughtful gaze met hers. "Maybe it's time to have an open and honest conversation with him. Communication can clear up a lot of misunderstandings."

A sigh escaped Y/N's lips. "You're right, Wilbur. But I'm scared. What if he doesn't care? What if he doesn't even want to talk to me?"

Wilbur gave her a reassuring smile. "You won't know until you try, Y/N. And remember, no matter what happens, you have friends who care about you."

Feeling a renewed sense of determination, Y/N wiped away her tears and offered Wilbur a small smile. "Thank you, Wilbur. I really appreciate your support."

He squeezed her hand gently. "Anytime, Y/N. You're not alone in this."