• House Targaryen

SIGIL

SIGIL

A red three headed dragon breathing fire on a field of black.

WORDS

Fire and Blood

SEAT(S)

Red Keep
Dragonstone

CULTURE

Valyrian

RELIGION

Old Gods of Valyria
The Faith of the Seven

ANCESTRAL WEAPON(S)

Dark Sister
Blackfyre

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Silver and golden hair, purple and light blue eyes, typically tall and lithe in build

— HISTORY —

House Targaryen is a Great and Noble House of Westeros that migrated to the western continent in the year 114 BC (Before Conquest). The only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria, having fled when a prophesied dream foretold the destruction of their homeland and everyone with it. At the behest of Daenys the Dreamer, who received said dream, her father, Aenar Targaryen, gathered his entire family and their five dragons and left the Valyrian Freehold twelve years before the disaster took place.

For the next century, the Targaryens lived on the island of Dragonstone along the eastern coast of Westeros. That was until Aegon I Targaryen perceived his own prophetic dream about a great threat beyond the vast north of the world. A dream that urged him to claim Westeros as his own and rule the lands as king. So in the year 2 BC, Aegon and his sister-wives, Rhaenys and Visenya, sailed for a nearby fishing village on the mainland, which would become the capital city known to all as King's Landing, and began their conquest of the Seven Kingdoms.

The amply named Aegon's Conquest lasted until 13 AC (After Conquest). Upon its conclusion, Aegon I Targaryen became the first king of the singularly combined lands of Westeros. Six kingdoms bent the knee to Aegon and his sister-wives, and their three dragons, with the exception of the southernmost principality of Dorne. After the death of Queen Rhaenys Targaryen and her dragon, Meraxes, the rebellions and attempts of conquest to follow ended with the delivery of the dead dragon's skull and a letter from the Prince of Dorne. The contents were never revealed, but whatever they entailed led Aegon the Conqueror to leave Dorne a neutral territory for years to come.