Project Idiot

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

"Serena, you've got to punish them!" it shot out of Hermione instantly at breakfast the next morning when Serena sat down next to her. "Product testers... They can't do that!"

"Let me wake up first," she grumbled sleepily. If she had known that she was about to be assaulted like this early in the morning, she would have stayed in bed for sure. "What's going on anyway?"

"Didn't you see Fred and George's flyers?" asked Hermione, upset and a little too loudly, because even students at the neighbouring tables turned to them questioningly.

"Yeeeah... yes I did," Serena replied slowly, hungrily filling cereal into the bowl in front of her, earning her an uncomprehending look from her friend. "You need to stop that right now!"

"I'm certainly not going to reprimand them and make them take down all those flyers again," Serena remarked defiantly, shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth to signal that the conversation was over for her.

"But you're a Prefect!"

"You can take over for all I care," she muttered, wanting to sleep for the moment, for the events of the previous day would not let her sleep. She was constantly haunted by Umbridge and Hall, plus the fear that the Ministry would find out where her father was and at the same time the headquarters of the Order. At the moment, she really had more important problems.

"This is your duty," Hermione said sternly. "What they're doing is certainly against a lot of laws!"

"Which ones?" asked Serena the counter-question.

"I'll look it up in a minute."

"Hermione..." she said quietly, trying to reassure her friend. "Those two are building something big right now. You should check it out, they're both geniuses."

"Geniuses... Geniuses... They won't even graduate if they keep this up and they don't seem to want to," Hermione nagged, sounding pretty much like Mrs. Weasley in a frightening way.

Serena sighed and lowered her spoon into the cereal bowl. "Please don't ruin this for them. Even though you might not think so, what they're working on right now is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen and honestly I don't feel like discussing it with you right now either, I'm hungry and I didn't sleep well and it's way too early in the morning."

"I thought you'd grown more sensible, Serena," Hermione replied reprovingly, rising with a miffed expression. "Now that you're a Prefect."