Part 13 : Fear of abandonment

Start from the beginning

Taking a sigh, he sat in front of Arnav and pulled away his laptop. Arnav glared at him.

"It's your engagement in three days, Bhaiya!"

"Aniket stop being the lawyer at home. I know what you're trying to do."

Aniket smiled. "Toh Jane do na bache ko. Kyun Hitler ban rhe ho?"

"Do you understand what being grounded means?"

Aniket sighed. His brother was mean when he chose to. He had to deal the hard way. "Acha chalo keep him at home for one week after your engagement."

"No."

"Kya hai yaar, Bhaiya, itne khadoos na bano aap. Let the boys enjoy the occasion. We want to do all the preparations ourselves. Your clan of soilders are of no good."

Arnav sighed. "You guys are free to do whatever you want to, Ani. Sab kuch Aru ki pasand se hi hoga. He just—"

"Arre bas bohot hua, Bhaiya." Aryan barged inside the study unceremoniously.

Ayaansh, who had been trying to pull him back also fell inside by the sudden force. Aniket felt like hitting his head on the wall. Arnav would be never go back on the punishment with Aryan fighting with him.

"Aap mujhe Jane do Bhaiyu ke saath aapki sherwani lane."

"Tu ghar se pasand kar le. I'll call over the designers."

Aryan's eyes filled up. He was frustrated that his Bhaiya wasn't relenting. He rushed out to his room. Arnav saw his tears and immediately felt guilty. He looked at Aniket who glared at him and rushed behind Aryan. Arnav palmed his face. All the tables were against him now. Ayaansh was no different. He had already followed Aryan without waiting for anything else. He got up to follow them but saw the notification in his laptop and cursed his timings. It was an important meeting. He had to take over. He sat back to complete his work.

At night, Arnav entered Aryan's room with the dinner tray alongwith his favourite cold coffee with chocolate syrup. The staffs had informed him none of his brothers had had dinner. Aniket wasn't at home. He had to leave for a client meeting.

"Kyu zidd kar rha hai hai, Aru? Uth abhi." Ayaansh shook Aryan who had turned himself into a ball wrapping around the comforter.

"Mujhe nhi aana niche, Bhai. Jao aap." Aryan's muffled voice came out of blanket.

Ayaansh took a deep breath. He was really running out of patience. It's already been over an hour since he was trying to get Aryan out of his sweet little paradise made up of comforter but his little brother was just showing him how big of a brat he was.

"Uth ja yaar, Aru. It's way past our dinner time. Bhaiya ko kyun aur gussa dila rha hai bata?" Ayaansh tried again.

Aryan peeked outside and glared at Ayaansh. "Aapko abhi bhi Bhaiya ki padi hai? Ek toh meri sun nhi rhe woh upar se daant bhi diya."

Ayaansh narrowed his eyes. Arnav hadn't once raised his voice. He didn't know how greatly his and Aryan's definition of scolding differed.

"Aap phir se nhi sun rhe na!" Aryan complained and Ayaansh shook his head pretending to be all ears. "Aap sab ek jaise ho. Bhaiyu bhi aise hi chale gye. Bhaiya aaye bhi nhi mujhse baat karne. Ab dekhna mai bilkul baat nhi karunga unse." His eyes filled up.

Ayaansh tried to coax him."Tu ro kyu raha hai? Bhaiyu ko kaam aa gya tha isliye woh chale gye aur Bhaiya bhi aa jayenge, tu uth pehle."

"Nhi karni mujhe Bhaiya se koi baat." Tears threatened to spill over as he said this.