Chapter 5 : disclosures and decision

Start from the beginning

Dazai leaned forward slightly, his intrigue evident. "Go on."

With a deep breath, you continued, "Elyndor revealed to me that certain objects in this world have the ability to cause disturbances in the fabric of reality. These disturbances can lead to anomalies and rifts between dimensions."

Atsushi's brows furrowed as he tried to wrap his head around the concept. "Objects causing rifts between dimensions... It's a difficult concept to grasp."

Dazai's analytical mind was clearly at work, his eyes probing for more information. "Are you suggesting that these objects possess a power beyond our comprehension?"

Taking a moment to clarify, you nodded. "Exactly. But there's another aspect to this. It's how I initially ended up here."

Dazai's interest was piqued. "And what might that be?"

With a meaningful glance, you gestured to your side. "He's sitting right beside me."

Dazai's gaze swept over your companions, confusion evident. "He? Who are you referring to?"

As Dazai's gaze settled on Looki, his confusion only seemed to deepen.

"No way. You can't be serious," Dazai exclaimed, his disbelief resonating in his tone.

Atsushi looked between you and Looki, his expression showing his surprise. "Wait, are you saying... Looki?"

You nodded with a resigned smile. "Unfortunately, yes. Looki has a knack for causing problems, and he wasn't supposed to accompany me. But as you can see, here he is."

Dazai's incredulity was palpable as he surveyed Looki. "A dog causing interdimensional trouble? This just keeps getting better."

Atsushi's concern remained, though a touch of sympathy entered his eyes. "It must have been quite the challenge to handle Looki's antics along with your arrival here."

You sighed softly, a mix of exasperation and affection in your voice. "You have no idea. But Looki's presence has its merits too."

Dazai's grin turned mischievous as he leaned back in his sofa. "A problem-making dog with a touch of dimension-hopping mischief. You certainly have a unique team."

Atsushi chuckled, shaking his head with a fond smile. "It's like something out of a novel."

Dazai's tone turned more serious, his analytical gaze fixed on you. "But there's more to it, isn't there?"

Your expression matched his seriousness as you nodded. "Yes. Elyndor told me that in order to both help this world and ensure my own survival, I have to locate and neutralize these objects using my abilities. Through this action, I believe I can prevent further disruptions and restore balance."

Dazai's skepticism was palpable, his voice tinged with doubt. "It's quite the ambitious goal you've set for yourself."

Atsushi's voice held a note of hesitation. "But how can you be so certain about all of this? It's a lot to take in."

You appreciated their cautious approach, understanding the enormity of what you were revealing. "You're right, it is a lot. Even for me, this was unexpected. But you're looking at living proof of its validity."

Dazai's tone remained contemplative. "You do possess abilities we've never encountered before, and the fact that you wield two abilities is quite rare."

He also mumbled something under his breath, a hint of contemplation in his tone. You strained to catch his words, but they remained just beyond your grasp. It was clear that Dazai was processing a mixture of thoughts and emotions, his analytical mind working tirelessly to piece together the puzzle of your existence.