"Whats your name jumper?" he asks.

"Kayleigh." I said.

This whole time we haven't unlocked eye contact, I didn't want to be the one too look away, I'm trying to make an impression; not cocky but confident.

crash

We both look away and look at the net.

"Kay?" A familiar voice squeals.

Christina.

"Yeah?" I say

No one's ever called me Kay. Never had a nickname before, never crossed my mind to have one.

kay

I like it.

The guy looks at me and I look back at him, he stares me down for a second but I look away as Christina gets up. As I look back at him still looking at me I point with my eyes at Christina and raise an eyebrow.

One by one they all come jumping down. Last to jump was the brunette I followed with the piercing above his eyebrow. He shaved his hair off on the sides but on top had almost a man-bun, it was dark brunette almost black. He had 3 visible tattoos too, one on his neck the other two on his forearm, but you wouldn't of even noticed them with the size of his biceps

He divides us into groups and designates a leader for each, he points the guy to our group and walks over to us. Me and Christina are together, standing at the front - accidental - I'm not making it look like I'm licking anyones arse.

"I'm four, and I'll be your leader"

His voice is deep.

"Four like the number four?" Christina jokes.

I know it was a heartless joke but I cant help but cringe. Was she trying to lighten the mood, was she trying to flirt? Me and her are the only girls in our group so she can get all his attention easily.

You can tell who chose the groups, the brunette guy, one with the piercing, has practically all the girls. Clearly his intention all along.

"Exactly like the number four." He nods sternly

He doesn't even let out a smile. Blank.

"What happened, one, two, three taken?" she side smiles.

Okay now I've got second hand embarrassment. I looked to my side without turning my head hoping she'd see me telling her to shut up.

He sighs and walks over.

"Whats your name?"

Oh. Maybe it did work.

"Christina." She looks up to him.

"Well, Christina. The first lesson you learn from me... If you want to survive here."

I hear her gulp, loudly.

"Is keep your mouth shut"

He turns and looks at me after he says it. He looks at me as if I was the one to say anything.

I haven't even said anything.

The look he gave me though, my stomachs turning, he knew what he was doing.

He shows us around, gives us a tour of dauntless. He walks us through a hallway where all of the 'leaders' rooms are. I peak into one of the rooms, its massive, modern and furnished. It's definitely an upgrade from our shared bunks and bathroom.

"Think of it as a hierarchy, the higher you are the better you get treated."

Clearly.

After taking us to get changed - The girls got to get changed into leggings or gym shorts, I chose gym shorts, with either a leather jacket or just a normal sports one. I went for the sport jacket, I thought the leather was cliche - Four took us to the training ground. There was a boxing ring in the centre, surrounded by punching bags all around. There was a couple of wood cut outs with what I'm only guessing holes from knifes thrown at them. Lots of other things around but God knows what for.