'We have surveyed all systems in the Republic, and have found no sign of General Grievous,' Master Ki-Adi-Mundi's hologram saved the Council from the uncomfortable silence.

'Hiding in the Outrer-Rim, Grievous is,' Master Yoda turned to the hologram. 'The outlying systems, we must sweep.'

'It may take some time. We do not have many ships to spare,' Obi-wan said, dying to leave the room and confront Anakin away from the Council.

'We cannot take ships from the front line,' Master Windu shook his head.

'And yet, it would be fatal for us to allow the droid armies to regroup.'

'Master Kenobi, our spies contact, you must, and then wait.'

Sol tried to concentrate on the back and forth but couldn't stop her attention from wandering to the other side of the room. She wanted to leap across the chairs and embrace Anakin in front of the Jedi Masters. Her excitement about being on the Council had weltered away at the sight of Anakin's crestfallen face and she wanted to take Anakin away from the embarrassment that he had just endured.

'He's right, that is a system we cannot afford to lose,' Obi-wan's voice tuned Sol's ears back into the conversation. 'It's the main navigation route for the southwestern quadrant.'

'I know that system well,' Anakin piped up surprisingly. 'It would take us little time to drive the droids off that planet.'

'Skywalker, your assignment is here with the Chancellor, and Kenobi must find General Grievous,' Master Windu said, and the reaffirmation of Anakin's dislike for the man was apparent.

'Go, I will,' Master Yoda said. 'Good relations with the Wookies, I have.'

'It is settled, then. Yoda will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookies on Kashyyyk. May the Force be with us all.'

With Master Windu's dismissal, the holograms of Master Adi-Mundi and Master Plo Koon fizzled away. Jedi Masters stood from their chairs as a general talk started and the doors of the conference room opened for their exit. Obi-wan and Sol stood at the same time and glanced at each other for the storm that was about to erupt. They headed for the door with Anakin's raging signature on their heels, and they dreaded the conversation that was about to unfold.

---

Obi-wan, Sol and Anakin reached enough hallways away from the conference room and the other Masters before their talk ensued. Sol found herself in between the two men whose brown over robes skimmed the carpeted floor. She chose not to wear her over robe today, leaving her arms bare, but the warmth of the oncoming summer of Coruscant made it that Sol was content with the general temperature of the temple. But she almost wished she had brought it to bury her hands in its sleeves to cover her fidgeting hands.

'What kind of nonsense is this? Put me on the Council and not make me Master?! That's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!'

'Calm down, Anakin. You have been given a great honour,' Obi-wan said as the three walked side by side.

'There's never been an advisor for a politician on the Council before, either, Ani,' Sol added with a pointed look. Anakin glanced down at her and scoffed in irritation, knowing it to be true.

'And the fact of the matter is that you're too close to the Chancellor,' Obi-wan turned to stop the three on their walk. 'The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs.' 

'I swear to you, I didn't ask to be put on the Council,' Anakin said with his attention mostly on Obi-wan. Sol knew that he didn't want to directly talk down at Sol in front of Obi-wan, but she knew that Anakin would privately rant about the situation to her when they went back to Padme's that evening.