Chapter Thirteen.

Start from the beginning

"Oh. He's cooking." Vienna said lowly through gritted teeth as she tilted her head toward Cristina. 

Burke pointed at the pan, "What is that?"

"It was supposed to be my marinade," Izzie answered before speaking into the phone. "Alex it's me again. Just wondering where you're at." She said before hanging up.

"You've never made a Thanksgiving dinner before." Burke stated.

The blonde went quiet, as she nodded slightly.

"You can't cook?!" Cristina asked in disbelief. "Izzie!"

"Well, I'm a baker! I bake. But I've seen my grandmother cook a million times." The blonde attempted to defend.

Vienna shook her head. "Thanksgiving is doomed. DOA, if you will."

"We will not." Bowie replied swiftly, turning to give the blonde a tight-lipped smile. Vienna's eyebrows raised as she shared a glance with Cristina. Since when did he get so sassy?

Cristina agreed. "Okay, that's it. If there's no food I'm going home."

"Take me with you, this is my home." Vienna sighed, pulling her hands down her face.

"Cristina, Vienna. Bowie and I have this." Burke said as he looked to the other man who gave him a nod. "What are you using as a reference text?" He asked Izzie.

Izzie gestured to a book on the island. "The joy of cooking. I also printed up some recipes from the internet but they all seem to contradict one another." She said as she moved over to the sink. "And I can't figure out which side of the turkey is up and which is the bottom."

Cristina opened her mouth to speak but Burke gave her a gesture to be quiet. The dark-haired woman turned to Vienna who was laughing quietly with a baffled look as Burke walked over to the sink and washed his hands.

"Ok. Ok. Um. We're gonna need the basing brush, a bowl, uh a clove of garlic," He instructed as Izzie began to look for the stuff frantically, Bowie going to help her. "And, ah, do you have any fennel?

"Uh, yeah, right here." Izzie said as she brought the item to the sink where Burke was standing as he rolled and cracked his neck. Vienna looked at him weirdly ━━ Why the hell was he acting like he was about to begin a 30-hour surgery?

"Well, let's get this turkey up and running Stevens. Garlic."

Burke said as he held out his hand, the same way he would in the OR. "Garlic." Izzie grinned as she slapped the garlic into his hand. She turned to look at her friends who simply stared back at her with bored smiles.

Vienna snorted, quickly bringing a hand up to her mouth in an attempt to quiet it as she heard Cristina whisper to herself: "I'm gonna need liquor. Lots and lots of liquor."

The two girls had slipped away from the kitchen and were now in Vienna's room, the two of them on the phone with George as they had him on speaker. They had just searched all over the house for any type of alcohol but came up empty, which was surprising seeing as Meredith loved tequila.

"I'm in hell." The male said through the phone.

Cristina grits her teeth, "We're the ones in hell. Burke and Bowie are going all Iron Chef in your kitchen. Get your ass back here and save me."

"I'm in the woods with shotguns, and liquor and car talk. It's like deliverance out here."

Vienna groaned, throwing her head into her hands. "Seriously? George has liquor and we don't?"