Part 12 : First step of acceptance

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Arnav tensed when the boys didn't let go of him even after a few minutes. Their tears were troubling him. "Bas bhi karo dono. Yahi hoon mai. Calm down, tabiyat bigad jayegi."

Arnav felt helpless when their tears didn't stop drenching his shirt. He looked up at Aniket for help, who was yet to speak a word and was taken aback by the look in his eyes. "Ani.."

Aniket left from there without waiting for Arnav to complete. Arnav sighed. He knew Aniket would come to know. His brother wasn't known as the best lawyer for the worst cases without a reason.

He looked up as he felt someone dragging him making the boys let go of him. Aniket made him sit on the couch and started to rub his head with the towel he had got from inside. Arnav held his hand and pulled him in front.

"Mai thik hoon, Ani, baat toh kar.."

Aniket looked at him angrily. Arnav was just making his last thread of patience wear away. "Do you really want me to talk right now, Bhaiya?"

Arnav sighed. He had no intentions of talking in front of the boys. Aniket freed his hands and went back to what he was doing. His anger was only driven by his concern. Arnav knew that and let him take his time to cool off.

Aryan handed Arnav a glass of water before going back to hugging him. He just wanted his Bhaiya. Arnav kept the glass back and kissed Aryan's head. "I'm fine, Bacha. Please ro mat."

Aryan looked at him with teary eyes. "Kya kaam tha aisa aapko? Call bhi nhi Kiya aapne. Aapko pata hai mai kitna darr gya tha."

Arnav pulled him back to his chest and nodded guiltily. "Bhaiya is very sorry, beta. Please maaf kar de."

"Promise me you'll never do that again?"

Arnav caressed his face. "I promise."

Ayaansh looked away when Arnav turned to him. He was still mad at him for giving them the scare of their life.

"Aru, Bhaiya ke liye geyser on kar aa, Bacha and get him fresh clothes." Aniket said and Aryan rushed to do the bidding.

"Mai kuch khane ko lata hoon, Bhaiyu." Ayaansh left to kitchen. He reminded himself he didn't have any right to lash out at Arnav the way Aryan did. He had been so scared of losing a home once again that he let his emotions take over his senses.

"Ani, sun meri baat," Arnav held Aniket's hands as soon as the boys were out of hearing distance.

Aniket took his hands out of his grip and kneeled down on the floor to untie Arnav's shoelaces. Arnav stopped him and made him look up. He could see the accusation in his eyes. He gently cupped his face. "I'm sorry, Ani. Mai—"

"Sorry? Sorry, Bhaiya? That's all you've to offer? Kyun gye the aap wahan? Humne discuss kiya tha na ki we will let the police do their job? Aap kyun gye khud?" Aniket asked angrily.

Arnav sighed. "Kya karta mai bata? Unn bacho ko wahan se nikalna zaroori tha, Ani. We couldn't let them stay in that Mittal's hell."

Tears pooled up in Aniket's eyes. He rarely cried but the mere thought of the hell they had themselves experienced effectively managed to succumb him to tears every time.

Arnav saw the tears and pulled him in a hug. "Please ro mat, Ani. Bacho ko sambhal liya maine par tu toh meri taqat hai na? Tu hi aise karega toh mai—"

"Humari taqat aap ho, Bhaiya. Bache kitna darr gye the. Aur meri saansien atak gyi jab maine maine aap par khoon dekha. You can't do this to us, Bhaiya. Aapko apni fikar nhi hai na sahi humari khatir aisa phir se mat karna." Aniket blinked off his tears. He knew his tears would trouble Arnav more. He deepened the hug once and the pulled back.