𝟬𝟰. 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

Start from the beginning

And even if they were married tomorrow, it wouldn't matter since he would still feel sorry for his bother because he has to deal with his chacha sahab's rebellious daughter.

Murtasim sighs.

He muttered to himself, "What do I care?" as he nonetheless went back to his bedroom to take a shower to calm himself. After a stressful day, the hot water in the shower assisted him to recuperate, feeling calm, and quickly ridding himself of the thoughts that had been giving him a severe headache.

Before acquiring authority over his father's reign and finally severing ties with his beloved cousins, home, and dreams, Murtasim had a close relationship with Azhaan. He still does, but it rarely appears to them anymore.

Murtasim was taken aback by his attitude when he became aware of the fact they were together upstairs. He has seen Meerab and Azhaan together sometimes, but it has never happened in this way... it's as if someone has just set him on fire and he finds himself thoroughly inflated.

They are close friends!

After a good fifteen minutes, he entered the bedroom while dressed in his black pajamas and kurta. He rubbed his wet hair with the wet towel before tossing it on the bedside and hunched on the couch to contemplate. He questioned himself, "Are they still there, together?" He had never been more tormented by the word together. He made an effort, but the notion wouldn't leave his head.

He was completely aware of his odd behavior and the feeling that he had no control over his emotions, but at the present moment, finding out where they were appeared more important. Simply hearing that Meerab was with Azhaan caused him to lose his sense of calm, he couldn't comprehend how exhausted he had been before returning home.

He tried not to think about them, but it seemed that he was powerless to stop himself. He abruptly stood from the couch and proceed out of his bedroom with semi-wet locks and decide to investigate what was happening there.

He was reckless and it was readily apparent.

"Did you apologize?" Azhaan inquires while examining the entirely starless sky. They had been chatting for some time as they stood close to the terrace railing, he awaited for a while expecting Meerab, who was standing right next to him, to respond to him.

Meerab turned to face her cousins, who were engaged in little argument. The last time she heard from them, they were squabbling over who had the cutest childhood looks, and all she could think was how cute they were. After witnessing Amaya smiling for the first time since returning home, she even had a few instances of suspicion that something was wrong with her, but her cousin disregarded any concerns and questioned.

As she turned to face Azhaan, he chuckled when she nodded in accord. She acknowledges him, and that was enough! "I messaged him yesterday because even when Dua told me I'm not important to him but still somewhere I thought I did hurt him with my words. Finally, I texted him as you advised me" she said.

He hummed, smiling in response to her.

She wouldn't lie to herself about how reluctant and awful she felt when Murtasim didn't come home, the truth is that she didn't want him to leave the house out of spite and make his mother wait days to see her son. She is aware of her attitude towards him and his behavior, but Murtasim was not the type of person to take offense at a tiny remark, which he denounces as nonsense.

When she told Azhaan about it, he advised her to text him an apology for her sanity and reasoned that if she did offended him then Murtasim's rage would be diminished.

Gritting her teeth, she added, "But he didn't reply to me." She found it difficult to apologize to him, but she did it nonetheless and instead expected a simple text back in return from him, but there was none.