13: the bashful beau

Start from the beginning

[48 hours remaining until the end of the scenario ]

[All members of the group that fails to take over their target station within the next 48 hours will die.]

...

"Where's sunbae?!" Was the first thing Kim Dokja asked as soon as they got back to Chungmuro Station.

"Dokja!" Sangah, who was busy managing everyone, perked up at the sight of the group returning from their excursion. "Eun-Byeol sunbae is near the stairs. He..." Her voice trailed off before she recomposed herself. "He's currently healing. Gilyoung and his sister are looking after him."

"Thanks!" Quickly, Dokja rushed to the place where Sangah pointed him to. The first thing he saw was the familiar water sphere floating off the ground, his sunbae curled up like a fetus inside. His gaze shifted from his sunbae's face to his hand. The burns he had last seen were slowly healing, and the missing flesh had regenerated.

A sigh of relief slipped through his lips. Once he relaxed, he finally noticed the people obediently guarding Eun-Byeol sunbae. The 'guards' sat on the ground, two childs and one adult. Dokja's heart almost leaped out of his throat in fright when he met Yoo Junghyuk's gaze. "Ha ha, Yoo Junghyuk, I didn't see you there."

"..."

The reader internally rolled his eyes before he crouched down in front of Gilyoung, making a mess of his hair. "You alright? You weren't hurt too badly, were you?"

"No," the child answered while hugging his legs further. "Hyung protected us."

His answer made Dokja smile in helplessness. Yes, he had seen how Eun-Byeol sunbae protected everyone. Seen how badly hurt he was. But, eh, Dokja couldn't even scold him when he died earlier. A light cough brought Dokja out of his thoughts, attention landing on the little girl staring at him with sparkling eyes.

"Uh..."

"You must be Kim Dokja-oppa!"

"Eh?"

"He he brother had always talked about you!"

Dokja got slapped by her cuteness and by her revelation. Talked about me? What about me? Sunbae and I hadn't even had a decent conversation before all this happened! "What, What did he say?"

"That you look like a kitten soaked in the rain whenever he teases you so he stopped."

"..."

"..."

"... seriously?"

The little girl firmly nodded her head.

The reader buried his face in his palms. Sunbae, you really...!

"By the way, where did you go, brother-in-law?"

Kim Dokja, who was still trying to get over his embarrassment, choked on his own saliva: "... ha?"

Yoo Junghyuk, who had been staring at Eun-Byeol, felt goosebumps crawl up his arms: "..."

Eun-Byeol, who could hear everything: "..." My little sister, my Binna-ah, you're the greatest!

[Your skill, The Fourth Wall, offsets most of your shock.]

"Um, what brother-in-law?"

"Duh, you? Obviously, my brother's going to marry you! Oh, right, a greeting gift!" Ahn Binna excitedly shoved her hand inside her backpack and pulled out... a fucking tux. "Here, it's for you. My brother said that he would take the burden and wear the gown. He also said that if you were to insist, you could only wear it in front of him."

Mad As A Hatter | bl | ORVOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara