𝐁𝐎𝐋𝟎𝟒

𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

                                       𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

"Is Darren still there?"

Soraya was on the phone with Karla who was currently stuck in traffic. Hearing all the horns blowing and angry drivers she turned down her volume. "He didn't even come to school today." She said putting her full face in the camera with a small pout on her lips.

"Well I don't know how long i'm going to be stuck in this traffic Raya," Karla sighed putting her hands on her head. She had never been late to pick up Soraya since she started attending public school and it was frustrating that she couldn't get to her daughter.

Soraya sat on a rock at the exit gate. Instead of standing with all the other students who were waiting for a ride she was by the outlet gate where all the cars drove to leave. She was use to getting picked up and not having to be around the other students.

"Call Darren and see if he can pick you up."

Soraya nodded hanging up the phone. Going to her contact list she pressed on Darren's contact and let it ring when she got no answer she called again and got no answer again. Sighing she face-timed her Mother again. "He didn't answer."

Karla groaned "Ok Raya im going to try to-," Karla cut herself off honking her horn loudly in Sorayas ears. "We all stuck bitch, be patient." She yelled leaning out the window. Soraya laughed while shaking her head at her moms bad temper.

"Ima go so you can focus." Soraya said hanging up while her mom was still arguing with other drivers. Putting her phone in her back pocket she fixed her position on the rock which was now starting to hurt her bottom.

After about 5 minutes of waiting she started to get irritated. The sun was out which only added to her irritation since she had on a hoodie. She started to pull the hoodie off but stopped abruptly after hearing a loud car booming music. She looked up and seen the car pulling up close to the rock she was on.

Pausing the music which was softly playing in her AirPods she watched the window to the car go down. Surprise took over her face as the driver came into view. Quickly fixing her face she made eye contact with Tez Givens. Her heart sped up and her already sweaty hands got even sweatier.

"You good? You been out in dis' heat for a minute." Tez said his deep voice making the nervousness in Soraya overflow.

"Yeah," She said softly grabbing onto the tiny pendant around her neck which she did whenever she needed to calm her nerves. "Just waiting on my ride."

"Damn how long they gon be? I could drop you off." He said looking at her waiting for her answer.

"Um I don't know," Soraya said her voice slightly cracking from her currently high nerves. "She's in bad traffic right now." She pulled her phone out looking at the life 360 app she had seeing her mom was in the same spot she was when Soraya checked the app a couple minutes ago she sighed putting the phone back into her pocket.

"Damn you not hot?" He asked chuckling. "You might pass out out here especially in that big ass hoodie." He laughed once more while Soraya just stared at him. She didn't think her hoodie was big she honestly thought it fit her pretty nicely.

"I was trying to take it off before you came over here," She mumbled more to herself.

"Word? You can take it off in the AC."

Soraya looked up confusedly. She didn't know the reason why he was being so persistent but she decided it was because he had seen her talking to Darren on the phone and he was just looking out for the friend of a friend. "Ion bite, I promise." He said smiling slightly, knocking Soraya out of her thoughts since she hadn't responded.

Soraya was never really good at saying no or going back and forth with people. She hated confrontation and since she was overly sheltered her entire life she never really had gotten into many confrontational situations. So instead of telling Tez no she grabbed her book bag that was next to her throwing it on. Walking over to the car she opened the passenger door gently getting in. Instantly the cool air hit her and she let out a tiny sigh. "Thank you." She said looking over at Tez but quickly looked away after seeing he was already staring at her. He let out a tiny chuckle at the girls reactions to him looking at her.

"Here," He handed her the phone which had maps on the screen. "Put ya address in." She took the phone from him placing her address into the search bar. It was a 13 minute drive.

Handing him back the phone he stopped her pushing the phone back into her hand. "You can press that li' green button and put yo' number in there." He said looking at her eyes widen a little.

Instantly Sorayas hands started to get clammy again. She never thought she would be in the car of Tez Givens and she damn sure didn't think he would be asking her for her number. "My number?" She asked swallowing hard.

"Yeah if that's alright wit' you."

"Uh yeah sure," She answered pressing onto the green phone icon she went to the keypad putting her number into the phone saving it under her name.

Handing the phone back he looked at the contact name. "Soraya" He said more to hisself than her.

i never knew my name could sound that good. She thought to herself.

"Ight lemme' get you home." He said finally pulling off. Soraya pulled her phone out to text her mom that she found a ride but was shocked when Tez snatched the phone from her.

He moved his fingers quickly across the screen as Soraya watched on genuinely confused. After he finished he handed her back the phone smiling. "I forgot to give you my number," He said simply.

"Okay..."

what is going on ...

thoughts on this chapter ?