I faintly heard Athena excuse herself and then the sound of heavy footsteps following her, likely to be Bobby. Someone sat on the end of the bed and clasped their hands around my ankles, the pressure keeping me grounded and my thoughts stumped.

My hands pulled away from my eyes and I blinked to clear any blurriness. Buck was on the end of the bed, hands on my ankles, which meant Eddie was the one hugging me. Awkwardly, I cleared my throat and sniffled, lifting my head when Eddie released me.

He still kept an arm around my shoulders and I didn't have the energy to feel embarrassed. We didn't exchange any words, not that I knew what I'd even say, and instead just stayed as we were.

We were still like that ten minutes later, when Athena and Bobby had returned. Bobby smiled slightly at the sight, patting Buck on the shoulder before he returned to his seat.

"Okay Cooper, I've got one more question and then I'll stop. The other officers have got some things that could help figure out who did this, but it would be really helpful if you could tell us anything about the people who attacked you. Did you know any of them?" Athena explained and I averted my eyes downwards.

Now this was the hard part.

Eddie gently squeezed my shoulder, "I can't say." I muttered. The others seemed to share a look between themselves and I shook my head when Athena opened her mouth again.

"You know what happens to snitches. If I tell you who they are then they'll send others after me. It's a lose-lose situation." The woman frowned at my words, both frustrated and sympathetic.

"I understand that Cooper. But that man who was stabbed tonight? He deserves justice. If those people get away with this, who knows what they could do next?" She insisted and I felt the guilt curling in my stomach.

I glanced at the others, seeing their faces neither encouraging nor annoyed. Ultimately they understood that it was my decision and they couldn't make me talk. But they know that I know what the right decision is.

Taking a deep breath, I looked back to Athena. "A group of five guys, all male. They're seniors in high school," Athena nodded, typing the information into she phone, "That's all I can tell you." I declared.

I knew Luke's name and, whilst that would be helpful, I also knew that there was a security camera across the street of the alleyway.

I'm sure they were already looking at the footage now.

"That's fine, it's helpful either way. Thank you." She said earnestly. Her and Bobby stood up, the captain patting my shoulder softly. "Get some rest kiddo, I'll come see you before work tomorrow." He stated and I thanked him.

As I made my way out the hospital bed, the remaining two adults began trying to stop me. "Woah Blue, where you going?" Buck stated, pushing gently on my chest to sit me back down. "Uh, leaving?" I questioned. Eddie wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and shuffled to both keep me in place and comfortable.

"Bud, the doctor said they're keeping you in for the night. They want to keep an eye on you and if you're okay after you wake up, you can leave in the morning." The older explained.

I shook my head, "No I don't want to stay here." I whined childishly. Hospitals suck and they smell and the food tastes gross and I would rather sleep in a bin.

"I'm sorry Blue, but rules are rules." Eddie continued and I huffed.

Buck patted my leg and then his boyfriend ruffled my hair. It was feeling all too comfortable and paternal right now. "Fine fine, get out of here then. I need my beauty sleep." I grumbled, pushing the two giants off of the bed.

"You don't want one of us to stay? We can call your parents. You can't be alone here." I shrugged, trying to appear as if I didn't care. In reality, I hated hospitals. But I'm a man, I could handle it.

Eddie rolled his eyes and gave Buck a kiss on the cheek, "I'm going to go get Chris and head home. See you in the morning." He smiled, waving goodbye to me as he left the room. Buck smiled a little to himself and plopped back down on to a chair.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Might as well get comfortable, we're in for a long night." He commented.

"Woah woah, we? No you need to go home, come on Buck this isn't worth it." I argued. The man furrowed his eyebrows and I could see the start of a frown forming on his face, "Coop, I'm not leaving you here. You're part of the team and that means we help each other out. If your parents can't be here then I'll happily fill in." He was determined, I'd give him his credit.

As I went to argue, a small pain flared up in the back of head and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"It doesn't matter what I say, does it?" I whispered, preferring the quieter tone. Buck whispered a small 'no' back and leaned over to rest his arms on the edge of the bed.

He laid his chin on top and closed his eyes, trying to give me some privacy but also sticking close to make sure I was okay.

I hated the warm, sickly feeling that rose from my stomach and I closed my eyes fully to distract myself from Buck. With the sound of a busy street down below, the two of us finally relaxed.