Enemies

What are enemies?

The majority would say that they are people who hate each other; others would argue that they are people who don't understand each other, but I think that enemies actually understand each other more than they get credit for.

Like people often say: from love to hate there's only one step. A step that many don't take but should.

Because some did. Some blindly took the step, unaware of where they'd fall. Scared, hoping it wouldn't end in the ungrateful hands of death that take us away from the people we love.

But they're glad they did. Because the two "enemies" actually understand each other in ways that no one else does. They know each and every one of their scars and that can be scary. But when you really trust someone, when you could let them blindly lead you to the gates of hell, when you feel completely and utterly safe, you let them know you.

So they may have been enemies at first, they may have hated each other with every square inch of their beings, but they now know, that deep down, it was always love.

Love they didn't want to see, accept and understand, but love nonetheless.

So, were they enemies?

I want to say yes. But they are enemies that took the step, took the chance. They were fearless, they were reckless and they were broken. And they took the step that lead them to happiness. With bumps on the road, obviously, but it lead them to love, friendship, hope and peace.

It lead them to the sun, and they were shining as bright as they ever could be.