Chapter 32 - Today and Tomorrow

Magsimula sa umpisa

Nixes are the lowest levels in our magic hierarchy. Dito sa Hollow Midlands, they are just like human apprentices. Why would he give them the hardest role?

Even if they have the most number in the Black Legion population, hindi pa rin akma na sa kanila ito ibigay. This third group will serve as the pawns! Kapag nanggulo sila roon, paniguradong huhulihin sila o lalabanan din sila ng mga malalakas na salamangkero. They cannot survive if they're just humans!

How ironic for me to say this when I was just human in their eyes weeks ago.

"Who will be the one to protect them if all else fails?" hindi ko napigilang sumabat.

Sa aking sinabi ay inalis ni Dreyxin ang kanyang kamay sa pagkakapalumbaba. "They know exactly what to do, Lupe. They are trained for that. Nix levels, what do you say?"

"Yes, Supremo," sabayang pagbigkas nila na kahit tingin ko'y kabado, napupuno pa rin ng pag-asa.

"Then put me in their group, I'll protect them," sabi ko na nagpagulat sa iba pero ang mga nakatungo kay Dreyxin ay sa akin naman ngayon nagbigay galang. Halos mapaatras ako nang lahat sila ay nakatungo sa akin.

"Lady Lupe, 'wag kang mag-alala," panimula ni Elyas. "Just trust us, that's all we need. It is our job to protect you all and we will succeed. We promise. Hindi ba mga kasama?"

"But—," pagdadalawang isip ko pa rin na naputol ng kanilang chants.

"Hail, our Dictaduria!" sigaw ni Elyas na sinundan ng Nix levels at kinalaunan ay sinabayan na nilang lahat, nagbubunyi sa kanilang pinuno.

I look back at him in his throne who is already standing with all his might. His eyes today is speaking with so much power. Nag-iba ang kulay nito na kay tagal kong hindi nasilayan. His eyes of pure danger. Erida crawled upwards to his chair until it transformed to his gleaming sword. Itinarak ni Dreyxin iyon sa lupa at ginawang tukod habang ang isang kamay ay nakapamulsa.

When he returned my gaze, he gave me a sweet yet evil smirk. An indication that his decision is irrevocable. An order that once made, cannot ever be revoked. Something that even me, cannot ever bypass.

Dreyxin may be my lover now, but he is still the Dictaduria of this town.

Nagtaas ako ng kamay para itanong sa kanya ang matagal ko nang iniisip. "Paano ka nakakuha ng Elixir noon? Can you not repeat the process so we won't risk any more lives?"

Matalim na tumingin sa akin si Dreyxin, "I cannot repeat the same plan if it already failed. And I don't want to taint my reputation further in front of my girl, so I'll refuse to answer."

I almost blushed with his remarks but also faded immediately because of a hunch. "What did you do?"

Malalim siyang nagbuntonghininga. "I think you know exactly the answer to that. The potions master of the Oretter clan, I borrowed him here in mortal world and ordered him to produce me a vicennial-long supply of elixir. But I guess 20 years is too short that we had the need for more especially in this crucial point in time."

"What happened to him?" pagdadalawang isip ko pang itinanong.

"Are you sure you really want to know?"

Napalunok ako sa takot ng katotohanan. He never responded but a thought was suddenly injected in my mind.

'I sent the old man back to the Fortress, but the officials there had suspicions of his regular absence. So I staged his death in his quarters, that he died because of his own chemistry potion which turned out to be an inedible poison.' Ipinagtapat niya sa akin sa isip.