Chapter 4

A/N: This part picks right after the event in the previous chapter. 

------------------

The couple woke up from the sound of Boo Yongju's phone ringing. Blinking his eyes open, Yongju blindly reached for his phone on his bedside.

"Yeoboseyo?"

Hearing the voice on the other end, he hastily got up and inadvertently woke Myungsim with his movement.

It was Dae-hyun's teacher at daycare wondering what time they'd pick up the boy since it's been 30 minutes since their day ended.

"Jeosonghamnida seonsaengnim–ne, I will be there shortly. Please look after him for a few more minutes."

Realizing what the call was about, Myungsim also got up immediately, but instantly regretted it when she felt dizzy.

"Yeobo–"

"I got it. It's fine–he's fine–" Yongju reassured Myungsim and planted a quick kiss on his wife's forehead and then frantically looked for his clothes.

Yawning, Myungsim closed her eyes and pulled the sheets to cover herself as she waited to regain her bearing. She felt incredibly rested after napping for an hour. This was the first time her and Yongju played hooky and no one said about how refreshing it could be. She snickered at the thought. She didn't think this day would end like this because earlier, she was sure her and Dae-hyun would spend the night at a hotel downtown.

She shook her head remembering how crazy her hormones affected her earlier. Not wanting to ruin her good mood, she decided to get up and thought about what to make for dinner.

------------------

Reaching the Daycare center, Yongju parked right in front of the building instead of the parking lot.

He stopped the engine, fished his keys, and then promptly got out of the mini SUV. The building was only a few years old. It's single-storey but it housed several rooms, as far as Yongju knew, which catered for children of different ages. He was actually amazed this facility was available near to where they lived. He didn't know it existed until they had to look around for childcare services when Oh Myungsim was about to end her extended maternity leave.

Boo Yongju jogged towards the lobby and looked for his son's room. Getting there, he peeked through the small transparent glass strategically placed on the door to allow parents to easily see their kids. Thankfully, the teacher was still there with Dae-hyun and was patiently playing with him, obviously waiting for the boy's appa to show up.

Yongju knocked twice and slowly opened the door. Dae-hyun looked up from his playpen and instantly beamed when he saw his appa smiling at him.

"Dae-hyun-a, ready to go home?"

"Appa!" the little boy squealed as he stood up and ran towards his father.

Yongju kneeled down to be on eye-level with his son and gladly welcomed the boy in his arms.

"Aigoo...did you get taller again?" Yongju playfully asked as he planted kisses on Dae-hyun's cheeks and head.

The little boy giggled in response and wrapped his chubby arms around his appa's neck.

Yongju looked up and stood up carrying Dae-hyun in his arms, and smiled gratefully at the boy's teacher.

"Gomawo, Lee-seonsaeng–mianhae for picking Dae-hyun-a late. Just had to deal with some emergency–"

"Don't worry about it, Kim Sabu. He's such a good boy and easy to handle–I didn't mind waiting with him," the young woman remarked, reassuring Yongju that all was well.