Chapter 3

"Did you meet her?"

"Aigoo yes–she's so beautiful and looks younger than sussaem too, don't you think?"

"I think so too–but I don't know what this means...maybe she's an ex-girlfriend?"

The other nurse thought for a second, "Mollayeo–she didn't say ex, she said she's Kim Sabu's girlfriend." The young nurse countered, exasperation lacing her tone.

"But how? Is he–do you think?"

The young nurse growled and shook her head no, "It can't be–if he is I will punch his face for sussaem!"

Unbeknownst to the two young nurses who were gossiping in the washroom while on shift, Oh Myungsim was actually occupying one of the stalls and had been listening to their conversation the entire time.

She was done peeing and was about to leave her stall when she heard the two young women talking about someone and then heard her name.

It was unlike her to listen to gossip but this time, her name was mentioned. Thus, she couldn't help but pause and submit to her curiosity and listen to the entire thing. She resolved that she'd just gauge later how she would respond to it, once she understood what it was all about.

Unfortunately, what she heard had her heart plummet to her stomach. Surely these young women were mistaken? Her husband has a girlfriend? Kim Sabu? Beautiful and younger than her? She couldn't believe her ears and she wanted to confront the nurses but she was also frozen in her spot, too shocked to move.

The young nurses finally left the washroom but before they did, the rest of their conversation revolved around the unknown woman who apparently waited yesterday for Kim Sabu in his office, stayed there for quite some time, until Dr. Bae asked her to leave. Myungsim wasn't sure who else met this woman who was claiming to be Kim Sabu's girlfriend, but the more she thought about it, the more embarrassed she felt–and the more her ire rose.

Finally recovering from her trance, she checked her phone for any notification from the ER or ICU and was relieved there was none. She could no longer sit still and do nothing about the information she just learned, and so after washing her hands, she left the washroom and headed straight to Kim Sabu's office.

As she walked through the corridors of Doldam, she psyched herself to calm herself down. The last thing she needed was for her blood pressure to shoot up over some silly gossip. There's also the angle where the young nurses could very well be mistaken and everything was just a misunderstanding, right? She didn't need to come all fiery and accusatory when she talked to her husband. Because truly, what help would that do? She needed to remain calm and ask Kim Sabu whether he knew about this new gossip in which they're apparently the center of. It was quite alarming too because his name was on the line, what with Myungsim's nurses ready to punch Kim Sabu's face if they found out that he was cheating on her. Despite herself, the thought made her snort, imagining her husband in an altercation with her ER nurses.

Finally reaching Kim Sabu's office and still lost in thought, she didn't knock when she opened the door.

The scene that greeted her left her aghast. In front of her was her husband–Kim Sabu–with a woman whose arms were wrapped around his shoulders while Kim Sabu's were on the woman's waist. Regardless of who would see the scene, one wouldn't be able to deny that the two were in a seemingly intimate embrace. And so in that instant, a pang of jealousy and hurt shot through Myungsim's heart.

Seconds ticked as deafening silence filled Kim Sabu's office. Myungsim realized she didn't want to look like a defeated woman, especially in front of whom she automatically assumed was the rumored girlfriend of Kim Sabu. So she tried her best to maintain composure even when she wanted to lash out.