𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟯

Start from the beginning

Back then, Yoojin used to have a tiny crush on Hyunjin, but now that she has the ability to take a step into such a concept,she doesn't have the spark. All those times she squealed at the small gestures,it was all gone. He even fell asleep on her shoulder while they were watching something, but she didn't feel anything.

It was her mistake. She could've taken another path and solved the matter in a safer way, but at that moment back then,she didn't think it through enough. She backed out of all the other options and pathetically did as she was told, just like Pavlov's dog.

There wasn't a single day when she didn't regret what she did and blame herself for it. Countless nights she cried on her bedroom floor, missing his warm smile,his embrace,his laughter,his loving gaze, and just him. It ate her from the inside for how stupid she was back then, and she wanted to fix things back to the way they were.

If only they met again...

↢ ❦ ↣

Heeseung was also on Jeju Island at the same time. He was here to collect a few debts and was walking back to their hideout with a bruised, aching jaw from a collision. It reminded him of the time she treated him for the first time. That day, she took care of him and was honest with everything she said. There was no annoyance at the bottom of her heart or any wish to get him out of the house. Only her humility.

He kicked a pebble while walking and kept revising those beautiful moments he shared with her.

 Those moments when they were equally happy They will always live in his heart, no matter who he falls for. Actually,he doesn't want to. He wants to spend the rest of his immortal life with her in his mind and no one else.

He sighed, slipping his hands into his pockets. Glancing at the squirrel next to him with another huff of breath.

"I wish you were still with me." He muffled himself while walking. He averted his eyes after a brief minute and glanced at the being walking in his direction a few feet away and looked back down,but then it clicked in his brain that it looked familiar.

He hurriedly glanced back at them to see the one and only person he was dying to see. The person he had been trying to find for all the past months was finally here, just a little far away.

 His feet stopped in place as his jaw dropped ajar.

His heart was starting to feel the warmth it felt a long time ago as it spread through his nerves. He blinked his eyes to confront the fact that it was indeed her who he was seeing and wasn't seeing things.

Heeseung stayed in place, staring at her,waiting for her to react because a part of him was expecting her to be taken aback and run, while the other hoped for her to feel happy.

After she took a few more steps, her eyes finally met his, and they widened at the sudden image.

 Her feet hauled in place, and the bag she was holding was now on the floor as she stood there in disbelief. As if in queue, her eyes started to tear up at the sight of the person she loved and betrayed standing at a distance with a smile.

He noticed the bracelet around her wrist, the one he gave her. She wasn't intending on wearing it, but things change,and she wanted to try it on even though the person who needs to see it would've never seen it at all. But now he saw her and the bracelet together.

"At last..." He said to himself and restarted his steps, walking as fast as he could. afraid that if he doesn't hold onto her now, she will dissappear and never come back.

Yoojin acted on instinct and ran to him with open arms. Her heart felt as if it had been washed, and all her guilt went with it.

The gap between them closed more and more as they latched onto each other. Heeseung held her by her waist, twirled her around once, and kept her back on her feet as she still held onto his shoulders. At last, she let out her cry into his chest. Heeseung cried along with him for how long he missed the feeling of having her in his arms.

He brought his head back and kissed her forehead, lovingly hearing her loud, muffled cries.

"I'm-I'm so sorry Heeseung I-I-m so sorry I did tha-" She tried to speak in between her choked sobs when Heeseung interrupted.

"Shh, it's okay, love. It's okay... You had your reasons." He patted her head. His words made Yoojin feel even worse about how easily he forgave her. She cried on Heeseung for minutes, with him uttering comfort to her.

"It's okay, Yoojin... It's okay.... I still love you the same as I did before. Your here and thats all that I care for" Heeseung said, wiping her tears with his thumb.

"No, Heeseung,I was really so wrong to do that to you. I should've thought mor-" He didn't let her complete her words as he spoke, holding her cheek in his palm.

"It's all in the past, my love. I forgive you for everything, and I'm willing to live the rest of my life with you." He said staring into her eyes was beautiful.

"Y-you really do?" She asked, not being able to comprehend it.

"Yes, I always will no matter what..." he said shortly, and they connected their lips in a deep and much-awaited kiss. Heeseung wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer, while the other held her cheek. Her hands enclosed around his neck as they deepened the kiss as they made a special memory on the island they hoped to be on in each other's arms,and finally they came back to being the way they were.

To be continued🌃

Written: 12/08/23
Published: 12/08/23

I got my exams coming up this monday and all I'm worried day and night is about HOW I should finish this book :3

I swear I had tears in my eyes writing this chapter at 12 A.M (ಥ _ ಥ)