the dating pact | ✔️

Description:

"Ma, wait, listen to me first." I say and she halts in her way.

"I am in love. That's true. It's not an excuse. I did not tell you because the person I'm in love with wanted to keep it private." I continue.

Her right eyebrow raises.

"I am not going to buy this excuse missy. Elaborate. Who is this person? What does he do? Give me a name at the very least." She says and my mind goes blank for a couple of seconds. I run my eyes across my room.

My eyes settle on today's newspaper kept on the nightstand, and I take a peek at it.

'Mehrotra Group of Restaurants' opening a new branch in Mumbai next month, says owner, Arjun Mehrotra.' is the headline my eyes manage to read.

"Arjun. His name is Arjun Mehrotra." I finally replied.

****

Shravya Arora is a happy go lucky accountant who loves her job behind the desk, playing with numbers. Her mother however is hell bent on finding a suitable guy for her and get her hitched as soon as possible. Shravya has no plans of marrying anyone not for the next couple of years atleast, but her mother just won't stop matchmaking and introducing her to suitable partners.

To put a full stop to her mother's matchmaking, Shravya makes up a story. A story about her having a lover and that lover being, Arjun Mehrotra, owner of the largest chain of restaurants in Mumbai. Everything goes as per Shravya's plans for a while without Arjun Mehrotra knowing about her existence or about the fact that she's made him her fake lover, until her mother starts demanding for her fake boyfriend to make a real appearance in her life.

To continue with the pretence Shravya approaches Arjun Mehrotra and requests him to enter into a dating pact with her. One that will benefit them both.

Join me in this fun ride filled with humor and romance to know what happens Next.

Author: cookiedough0104

Status: Completed