[chapter 17]

derek, clinking his glass against ella's, grins with newfound determination.

"To our victory, ella. let the games begin."

currently, derek and ella were on a business date, meanwhile on the other side of the building jayson and de'asia were having their own date. he built up the courage to properly ask her out, and surprisingly she said yes. even after a while night.

just when de'asia would excuse herself to the ladies room, their plan would be in action. derek would do anything for money, and ella would do anything to get back with jayson. after all, she is pregnant with his baby.

"where did she get those clothes?" derek whispered as the two miserably watched the couple smile and crack jokes to each other.

"who else? if she came from nothing, what makes you think she got that on her own?" ella responded.

"oh! she's getting up." ella excitedly says, as she gone to get in position. derek chugged down the rest of his drink and tossed the glass to the side where it could distract the workers. grabbing the cloth and smearing something onto it, derek quietly followed de'asia to the back restrooms.

as her hand touched the knob of the restroom, derek's hand with the cloth went over her nose and mouth, and he held her body close to where she couldn't break free nor attempt to look at him. struggle mumbles, he dragged her out of the exit and towards a car. the back entrance was dark, and no one was around.

after fighting to get away, de'asia passes out, and was tossed into the trunk. ella smirked as she fist bumped derek.

"change of plans, i'm going to deal with her, and you go swoop that man off his feet, you know where to find me alright?"

ella raises an eyebrow, "that — what? why the sudden change?" she was going to listen but she wasn't understanding why he was changing their plans. her hand reached for the fake belly, and put it on.

"don't question me!? do as i say or we can get caught around here." he shut the trunk and slipped into the drivers side. "you made sure the lighter fluid was there correct?"

"everything you requested is there." ella nods her head.

"i'll let you know when she's done." derek started to drive off. ella held in a breath watching them leave.

ella fixed herself before she walking around the front as if she never came before.

"hi, how can i — oh, you were just he—" the waitress went into hush mode when she received a death stare, ella then sashayed her way to jayson's table, who he was just asking a waitress to check on his date in the restroom.

"oh my gosh, jayson?" she said appalled. "what're you doing here? all alone? can i sit here? of course." she held the conversation to herself and took the seat. instantly other people in the building started sneaking photos, making jayson hide his face in the menu.

"you need to leave." he said.

"what why? i'm just here for dinner just like you are. just me, and your baby." ella giggles.

"that ain't my baby." jayson grits through his teeth.

"why won't you just believe that it's yours?! i've only been with you!" a vein began to pop at the middle of her forehead.

"get outta here with this shit before it hits the media and my girl sees this." jayson lifted a finger for security.

"your girl?! that little slut that you claimed was your nanny and now you're fucking on her?!" ella yells. "fucking on a nanny sounds very crazy!"

"get her outta here dawg." jayson eyes scanned the room to find de'asia but she was nowhere to be found — he even asked the waitress if she saw her in the restroom, and she didn't.

she left.

the only thing that could come to his mind, she left because she saw him with ella.

shifting out his phone, he checked the ring camera and there was no signs of her approaching the house. he even tried her phone which just rang then went to voicemail.

using a photo of her, he showed it to everyone in the restaurant and every answer came out to them stating they didn't see her leave. he requested the owner to come out and at least give him footage but they wouldn't allow it.

this wasn't something de'asia would do.

leaving a couple of bills on the table, jayson tried his best avoiding the paparazzi, and headed home to see if he'd beat de'asia there. he left a couple of voicemails, and texts but no response yet.

de'asia's pov

"look who's finally awake." i hear as i groan from the aching feeling in my neck. as i fluttered opened my eyes, i was as met with a bright light shining right at me. i closed my eyes, letting out another groan.

"who are you? and what do you want from me?" i ask, my lips trembling.

"oh love i can't tell you that, that'd be so easy and silly!" the voice wasn't noticeable. could be someone hiding behind another voice.

"i don't bother anyone so why are you bothering me?"

"you've shook up a storm so don't sit here and lie & say you haven't done a thing!" the brightness of the light went was starting to ache even more with my eyes closed.

"please just turn the brightness down i can't take it!" i cried.

"you can't take it? why don't you take that up to the man you so call live with." the person hollered.

i tried to escape but i was chained down to the chair. "jayson wouldn't do this!"

"i wouldn't?" and as i stopped twisting and tugging with the chains, i heard his voice. my heart drops.

"jayson?" i whispered.

it can't be, he wouldn't — no, no no. i didn't want to believe that it was him.

"surprise!" i felt a finger at my neck and it trailed around it.

"how could you.." i couldn't open my eyes due to the light and even if i could open them, i wouldn't been able to see him — but that voice proved to me that it was him.

the tears shedding down my face as i curse myself for forgiving him and not leaving when i should've.

"i hate you." i cry.

• ₊°✧︡ ˗ ˏ ˋ ♡ ˎˊ ˗

hey hey, i did not proofread and i'm sorry.
but don't forget to vote and comment.

1. how we feeling about derek and ella?