♡4♡

days passed like a breeze.

gon grew up to the point where he could eat more than just formula and milk. he began teething as well.

♡ gon: age 1 ♡

♡ y/n: age 15 ♡

almost a year has passed, and i've always been so thankful for kunya. we've grown closer and she sometimes invited me to her home, where we would interact and she would teach me of ways i could take care of gon or handle him.

she taught me a lot, and helped me so much that i feel like i could never repay her.

i feel like i've grown a little closer to garo as well. he's still quiet and keeps to himself a lot, but he's grown nicer to me and gon. he's started tolerating gon better and he sometimes starts small talk with me while working.

sora though, she's the only one i wasn't really able to form a connection with. it seems like she was mostly busy with her studies and friends, but whenever she was around she would only scoff at me and avoid me. we would only share conversations when necessary, and even then she would keep them as short as possible.

but it's okay, i don't really care much. i owe the world to her mom after all.

i've gotten used to the town, but i still don't like exploring it very much. i'm still very paranoid and scared that one day those men in black will find me. i'm still concerned with how easily illumi had found me, even if in the end he didn't kill me. i'm sure if we met a moment earlier though he would've without hesitation murdered me. i was so incredibly lucky.

after finally settling in and getting used to living like normal humans do, as someone who's lived in a secluded and traditional village and never knew anything about modern technology, i could finally focus on other things. things such as who gon's father really is...

it seems that whenever i'd search him up, nothing would come up. and if anything ever did, it was restricted information. who really is this "ging" person? is that even his real name?

i asked people, but they didn't know him either. i gave up looking for him and instead tried learning about hunters, like that note mentioned. saying that gon would become a hunter when he was older. it sounds like nonsense... how did this person know he would become a hunter?

what are hunters even?

according to kunya, a hunter is someone that hunts for something. you can become a hunter by taking the hunter exam, where you'll be tested to see if you qualify to get a license that can get you access to so many useful things.

my eyes sparkled in excitement when i first heard of it. i wanted to meet a hunter in real life, and see how they were like. would ging have been a hunter?

when i asked kunya about ging she was very confused. i remember her tapping a finger on her chin as she thought before shaking her head in disappointment, "i'm sorry love but i'm afraid i haven't heard about him before. if i may ask, who is he to you?"

i twitched nervously, not expecting the question. it would be very suspicious if i'd avoided it too...

"ummm... he's my... husband! yeah! he's gon's father!" i blurted out and immediately slammed my hand on my mouth in surprise of the lie i'd just told.

kunya smiled, "is that so? why didn't you say that earlier! and you're searching for him? could it be that you two seperated in your journey?"

i removed my hand from my mouth and sighed, "um.. yeah... so i .. wanted to know if you'd heard anything from him.."