Chapter 3:SFIT acceptance

An SFIT is stapled to the wall

"Every year, the school has a student showcase." Tadashi explains as he turns towards Hiro who sat in his rolly chair holding his head on his palm as he watched Tadashi with interest.
"You come up with something that blows Callaghan away, you're in. But, it's gotta be great."  Tadashi walks into his side of the room, leaving Hiro to Stare at the poster with a cocky smirk.

"Trust me." Hiro scoots up to his desk, furrowing his brows in determination.
"It will be." He cracks his knuckles.

He pulls out a drawer revealing some notebooks. He then takes a pencil from its holder and sharpens it to a point. He holds it up to his face with a smirk before opening a notebook and lowering his pencil to the page.

Hours later multiple bundles of paper are discarded across the desk and floor as Hiro bangs his head on the desk.

"Nothing! No ideas! Useless, empty brain!" Hiro hits his head on the desk to accentuate his point.

Tadashi and Musa, who had come over earlier that afternoon to check on the two boys, sat on Tadashi's bed. Musa looked at Hiro in slight amusement and worry while Tadashi just nonchalantly read a manga book, flipping the page as he smiled at Hiro's words.
"Wow. Washed up at 14. So sad." Tadashi mocked, causing Musa to snort in laughter.

Hiro throws himself back onto his rolly chair, defeat clear on his face "I got nothing! I'm done, I'm never getting in."

When Hiro just about gave up Tadashi and Musa quickly walked over to him, spinning his chair to face them. Tadashi leaned down staring Hiro in the eye with such determination that Hiro looked at him in shock "Hey, We're not giving up on you."
Suddenly Hiro is hoisted up back his feet causing him to scream in panic and surprise.
Musa just smirks at the two, watching as Tadashi shakes him a bit as he hangs upside down.

"What are you doing? Musa help! He's gone nuts!" Hiro Grunts, reaching towards Musa only to be pulled farther away by Tadashi.
Musa just giggles and waves him off, still being cautious and taking steps towards them in case Tadashi did drop him.
"Hey! I'm not nuts!" Tadashi yells in mock offense, only to chuckle and explain what he was doing. "I'm just helping. Shakes things up a bit. Use that big brain of yours to think your way out."

"What?" Hiro asks, still confused on why his big brother was doing this to him.
Musa sighs and walks towards the two. She lowers herself down to Hiro level making him look at her in the eye.
"Look for a new angle. C'mon Hiro, we wouldn't be doing this if we thought you couldn't do it." She takes a small piece of Hiro's hair and twirls it as Hiro furrows his brows in thought.
She chuckles and lets the strand go, causing Hiro to whine in protest. She only shakes her head in amusement, getting up and walking over to the desk to clean off the bundles of paper scattered around.

Hiro sighs in exasperation as he stops struggling. He looks over to Musa, watching as she cleans his desk, only for something next to her to catch his attention. There sat his Mega bot, smiley face and all. Hiro tilts his head upward, now looking at it sitting up right.
He smirks as an idea comes to him, now knowing what he was gonna do for his Project.

Now how was he gonna get out of this situation?

He looks over at Musa again to see that she was tying up the small trash bag in the room, preparing to take it downstairs to the garbage can.

Ah ha 💡

"Musa." She turns around to the call of her name, only to freeze. There her little brother was giving her the most adorable puppy eyes she has ever seen.
"Can you get me down? I'm starting to get lightheaded." He pouts, widening his eyes a bit to pull off the innocent facade.
Musa gulps, shaking her head as her resolve starts to dwindle.
'Time to pull the finishing card' Hiro smirks internally, knowing for sure this last move would break her.
"Don't you love me?"