"You what?" She asked.

"I hurt him. I didn't mean to, it was an accident." I sad absentmindedly; I couldn't even believe what I was saying, this was all surreal.

"What do you mean you hurt him, what did you do?"

"I got a knife and I…" I sighed. Her face dropped as she looked down at my shirt, with specks of his blood on it.

"Stace..." She said cautiously. By then I knew she could tell exactly what I had done. Tears began to form, threatening to splash over my eye-lids. I was such a criminal.

"I didn't mean to!" I sobbed, cupping my face in my hands.

Chelle was silent. She lightly rested her leg on my leg and rubbed it gently.

"It's okay," she said quietly, "it's gonna be okay Stace." I continued to cry.

"No it's not, I'm a killer..." I muttered. I could taste the salty tears entering the corners of my mouth. My head throbbed viciously and my chest ached. I didn't even know what to do with myself at this point.

"I'm gonna get you a fresh top to change into." She said faintly. She stood up and left the room. I sighed and heard her footsteps ascend up the stairs.

Well done Stace, you're really gonna make your mum proud aren't ya?

I knew exactly how she was gonna react, I could already tell. She can never know it was me. Never.

If she did I don't know what I'd do. It was bad enough already that I regretted what I done; I know I shouldn't, but I do. Maybe I'm just too much of a good person. David deserved everything he got, yet I'm sat here crying. Why though?

I sniffed and rubbed my face; I was a total wreck.

What if police were to catch onto me, what would I do then?

There's no way in hell that I'm gettin a criminal record, it was merely self-defence.

"Here," I felt weight added on the sofa again as Rochelle sat beside me once again. She handed me a fresh clean top.

"Thanks," I mumbled. I dried my eyes then eventually heard her front door shut. "Was that Luke?"

"Yeah." I breathed deeply. I knew I had interrupted their romance, I didn't intend to.

"Sorry,"

"Don't worry Stace; you're more important right now." I nodded slowly and changed into the fresh top. She took it from me then went to dispose of it. 

Eventually we were in her room and we had both resorted to silence. I sat there on her bed hugging my legs as she was sat on her computer chair, watching me closely. It was then I decided to speak.

"Aren't you gonna ask me what happened?"

"What more do I need to know? You killed him Stace." I rubbed my face.

"I know." She slowly shook her head.

"Why? Why'd you do it?" I gulped and turned to the window.

"I had to." 

"Why?"

"He was the cause of it. I couldn't take it any longer, I just had to."

"But why?" I sighed and shook my head.

"It was the only thing I could do... he was shouting at me and grabbing me..." I swallowed hard as I remembered the graphic scene in my head, "then I saw the knife close-by on the table. I didn't know what to do. All I could think about was getting him away from me. I was panicking; I didn't actually mean to hurt him so badly." She watched me intently, taking it all in.