🤭TXT- 24 Hours- Part Two

Start from the beginning

"You expect me to believe he didn't contact you!?"

"He didn't! No one in my family knows where he is!"

"Call him. Put him on speaker. In the meantime, make me carne asada tacos."

4pm. One of Kai's tests showed he actually died by poisoning. Now he had the pain of figuring out which one. The bullets entered the body after he already died, to try and throw them off. That was going to be his task tomorrow. He and his assistant worked to prepare the body for the cooler.

His assistant was sent home when they were done. Kai personally stayed behind to at least narrow down types of poisons it could have been.

He also wrote out a list for things that needed to get done tomorrow. One side of the paper were his tasks. The other side was for his assistant.

Beomgyu listened to the phone ring about 30 times before he gave up. The blonde must have ditched his phone. The signal was traced to the lab at the police station. It was another dead end. Soobin texted him saying "help us move the bodies or you're doing the next job solo."

He took his food to go then went to go help his brothers.

5pm. Kai determined there was two different guns used. He was shooting into ballistics gel to get an analysis. The impact and trajectories showed the shooter(s) were close to the body. A .22 revolver was used as well as a .45 glock.

Photographs and reports were uploaded to the file. The serial killer(s) were giving him an annoying amount of work. If the pattern stuck, he would have another body in three days. This body was the first poisoned one. This had to be personal.

Beomgyu unwillingly drove back to the kill zone. Finding Kai became an obsession. His plan was to hammer that diamond between his eyes and watch the blonde's slow death. He couldn't stop thinking about the rage associated with him. The one time he was willing to help someone, he was betrayed. After his blonde was killed, no one would think twice of back stabbing him again.

Maybe at one point he had feelings for Kai too. Those were long gone. The excitement of seeing him remained. He laughed to himself "wait till I find you. You have no idea what's coming."

6pm. Taehyun told Kai to finish up so they could go home. They went out to dinner together first.

Kai was handed his new identity cards. The passport photo was shockingly ugly in his eyes. "Really? That's the best photo you could've chosen?"

"What?! It looks better than most people!"

Kai looked at it harder and noticed a neck tattoo. It depicted an outline of angel wings. One of the wings started below his left ear and the other ended at his collarbone. "Please don't tell me I have to get that!"

Taehyun looked over. "Oh! The tattoo! Not actually. I have a set of temporary ones in my pocket. They're so good they last for a month at a time. I'll put it on you at home."

The blonde was just thankful it was only on the side of his neck and not wrapped around.

Beomgyu arrived to see the bodies were already taken care of. "What's this about?"

Soobin and Yeonjun looked at each other. They whispered a bunch of things their youngest brother didn't hear. Soobin turned to Beomgyu and said "we were able to get into his phone. He was lying like you thought he was. The last text is from four months ago but look for yourself."

It was just a photo of him hugging some silver haired guy. They were reading something on that guy's phone. Kai looked really happy. That annoyed the hell out of Beomgyu. "Who is he?"

"No idea. I'll find out later tonight. Go find us a new kill zone. We used this one three times now."

Beomgyu drove off. "That gray haired freak is hiding him! He's dying first. Kai is next." He kept talking to himself while searching for more abandoned areas. There was a couple of fields that seemed promising. He started with the closest one.

7pm. Taehyun and Kai arrived back home. The silver hair carefully placed the tattoo onto the blonde's neck. "Okay. Hold it there so it can set. Memorize the placement. It needs to be there every day you're under witness protection."

After a minute, Kai was good to remove it. He had to admit, he didn't look bad. "Maybe I should get a real tattoo." He walked out of the bathroom to see Taehyun flipping through the channels. "What do you think? I kind of want a real one now."

"You look great. I'm not paying for your real one though."

"What should I get?"

"Make it small. How about a finger one?"

Kai looked at his hands. "I want a black rose on my finger." He looked at his scar next. "Vines and roses on my left hand. I think I'm ready to cover this."

Taehyun gently grabbed his wrist. His finger traced the scar. He looked up at the blonde and asked "are you sure?"

They held hands for a moment. Kai was prepared to put the past behind him. Things have been great the last few months. He was happy. "I'm sure."

Taehyun grabbed his keys again then shut the TV off. "Come on. Let's go get that tattoo."

Beomgyu found a vast field a couple miles from the Choi house. The only thing in it, besides grass, was a large storm shelter. He went inside. Bright lights automatically illuminated his descent down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom, he noticed it hadn't been used in a while. There was a couple of security cameras. They looked to be long dead. "This is perfect." He walked out while texting the coordinates to his brothers.

On the way back to his house, he got a text from Yeonjun. They figured out who the silver hair guy was. Beomgyu couldn't wait to see who had the audacity of keeping the blonde from him.