Chapter Nine

---

"A-are you my knight in shining armor?" She asked while looking up to Al, amazed.

---

Chapter Nine

After a lot of servants were busy going here and there, giving and taking the royalties' foods and delicacies. A loud voice interrupted and said that the celebrant, the Crown Prince, has arrived.

Everyone started to clap. Some with excitement, some with envious, some are jealous, some did not care, and some sincerely greeted the celebrant.

Hindi ko alam kung kailan dumating ang prinsesa na nasa tabi ng Reyna at isa pang prinsipe na nasa ikalawang upuan sa tabi ng Hari. Both children are still young; the princess is probably around 11 while the prince is probably around 14 or 15.

The celebrant—the Crown Prince, walked to the not-so-high stage in front and sincerely bowed. Then said something with a loud voice.

He started with his greetings and thanks to the people who attended.

While I? Dang it, ang sarap ng pagkain. I naturally have a sweet tooth and liked sweets so much, that's why when I saw a lot of cupcakes and cakes and other sweets on the table, I immediately did not waste a time to grab and taste. Holy moly, bakit hindi ko pa nalasahan ang mga ito sa palasyo ni Al? I mean, they also do have sweets in there but not as sweet as this!

I was about to take another cake from the center of the table when a hand stopped my arm. Agad akong napalingon sa salarin.

Al shaked his head, "No. Do you remember why I seldom give you sweets, right? It's bad for your health, so control yourself." maiging sabi niya habang hawak parin ang braso ko.

My reaction soured and slumped back on my seat. Dahil sa boses ni Al, nasa amin na pala ang atensyon ng mga tao sa mesa. Embarassing!

Kiyara turned to me, "Marami na ang nakain mong sweets kanina pa, King Al is right, you should take care of yourself. Ang sweets nandiyan lang yan." She softly said.

I wonder what happened to Julius whenever he'd ate a lot of sweets? Nagkaka toothache ba siya? Or fever? Nevermind that. I turned to get the breads instead and when I looked beside me, he gave a satisfied smile. Pero inirapan ko siya.

Itinuon ko na ang pansin sa harapan kung saan nagsasalita ang prinsipe.

Nakikisalamuha na ngayon ang Hari at Reyna sa mga bisita at iba pang maharlika at noble, naroon na rin sa mesa ng mga prinsesa at prinsipe ang Crown Prince.

I turned in front of me and found Jaye. I wondered why he's not with those princes and princesses. He said he's acquainted with some of them, right? Nasa unahan siya ngayon nina Juliana at Kiyara habang nakatitig sa unahan. He has this serious expression plastered on his face.

After a while, another serve of delicacies was placed on each table. Ang kalalagay lang na handa ay hindi na patamis o kahit cake, it's like a noodle but with a lot of cut meat above it. Wala itong kulay, just plain. Parang carbonara at the same time dahil sa dami ng karne sa ibabaw nito ay nagmukhang spaghetti.

I immediately raised my fork and get a little for a taste. When it reached my mouth, it was enough to make my eyes widen. Parang carbonara nga siya pero mas masarap dahil sa maraming karne at malasa dahil sa sauce neto. The noodle is melting accordingly to my mouth, no need to chew hard. Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at napakuha pa ako rito.

While I was silently eating and enjoying my food, a hand stopped my arm from taking another bite. So as the result, my hand with the fork and has a noodle in it, stopped mid-air. I irritatingly looked up. Can't he just let me eat peacefully just this once? Bakit palagi nila akong ginugulo!