Chapter 9

Eventually, Wednesday came around and it was time for Louis and Harry to hand in their assignment. Mr Johnson had seen a glance at it and asked the boys to present it to the class.  Apparently they had put in the most research and effort into it out of everyone in the class. 

That had pissed off a few people but it made the boys thankful that they had spent so much time on it, even though it was not nearly as fun as anything else they could've been doing with their time, as Louis had said several times.

It was safe to say that that was the best english grade Louis had received in a long time.

-

Once again the weekend rolled around and once again, Harry and Louis were sat on Louis bedroom floor playing UNO. The week had been long and tiring and the boys agreed that they seriously needed to relax, besides, Harry still owed Louis blueberry pancakes.

Harry slapped another card down on the pile and whispered 'uno,' with an evil grin on his face. They both knew he was going to win, Louis was holding about 20 cards still, and let's just say he wasn't going to pull some insane move and win, like he had last round. 

Louis sadly picked up yet another card and watched Harry dramatically place his final card down. Louis sighed and shoved the cards to the side and scooted closer to Harry so he could rest his head on his shoulder.

'tired?' Harry asked. 'yup. tired, sad, confused, pretty much every negative emotion,' Louis said sadly. 'what's going on? everything okay? 'Harry asked now sounding concerned as he looked down at Louis.

Louis went silent for a few moments. He seemed to be debating something. 'Harry, uhm I think I'm...' Harry looked at Louis waiting for him to finish, listening carefully. Louis opened and shut his mouth a few times, no sound coming out though. He seemed conflicted on whether or not he was going to finish his sentence or not.

He sighed. 'I think I'm just tired, that's all,' Louis eventually said. 'Are you sure?' Harry asked, not believing a word in that sentence, he knew Louis wanted to say something else but he decided not to push. 

Louis sat up and turned to face the other boy. He didn't say anything, he just lifted his hand up to Harry's chin and let it rest there. After a moment he lifted it and pushed a bit of hair out of his eyes. He smiled, 'that's better,' he said. Then he turned around acted like nothing happened. 

Harry watched wide eyed, as Louis stood up as if nothing happened and said 'Now, I believe you owe me blueberry pancakes?'

'Yeah, so I do...' Harry answered slowly getting up and following the smaller boy out of the room. It seemed that the rest of the afternoon Louis seemed to be...flirting with Harry? He didn't know what was going on, one moment Louis was all sad, then the next he was doing this? Harry was starting to like Louis, in a more than a friend way, that was obvious, maybe to both of them. 

Was that why Louis was flirting with him? Was this all an act and he was just leading Harry on? Or did he really like Harry back? No that wasn't possible, Louis was straight, he couldn't like Harry. Even if he was gay, why would he like Harry?

The boy shook off the thought and turned his attention back to Louis. They were watching a movie and eating the pancakes Harry had made. It seemed that every time Louis thought Harry wasn't looking, he either looked back at Harry or he just looked sad, or even annoyed.

'Louis are you sure everything's okay? I don't mean to pry but you don't seem yourself today,' Harry asked turning the volume down on the TV so they could properly talk. 

'Harry I said before and I'm saying it again now I'm fine!' Louis snapped. He turned around and Harry could see he was defiantly not fine. He looked like he did before, but with all of the emotions, especially rage, amplified.

Harry flinched at the other boy's sudden outburst. 

'I think I need to go home, sorry, bye,' Harry said quietly. He picked up his things and and walked straight for the door, avoiding eye contact with Louis at all costs. He closed the front door behind him, Louis didn't say a word when he left. Harry started walking down the path and jumped when Louis mother appeared in front of him.

'Oh hello darling, I didn't realise you were leaving already. Are you okay?' she asked after noticing his expression. 

'Oh yeah, I'm okay, my mum just wants me home by 1:30, she needed help with some cleaning.' Harry lied. It seemed convincing enough for Louis mother as she said 'Oh alright then. Have a good day hon,' she said kindly.

Harry smiled and walked across the street to his car, getting in and driving home quickly. 

Once he got home he put his headphones on and read his book. Louis was mad at him and he didn't know why. He just wanted to distract himself.

--

woop chapter 9 finally. 
Im so sorry about the angst but it's needed xx