I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU (Davey)

Start from the beginning

- I-I...

- These boys have the most absurd ideas! It's 30 degrees outside! You could have... I... was just so worried...

- I'm so... so sorry – I whisper. Davey is very caring and loving, he's just usually too proud to admit it... Course I want him to care bout me, worry bout me, I have a thing for him. But this time I might have gone too far, he seems real mad.

Before he could anwser, I sneeze again – Atchoo!

- Oh – He sighs – Here, take this – And hands me his handkerchief.

I take the little white wiper, and bring it to my nose – Thank you... – The handkerchief smells just like Davey... Sweet and gentle... Holding the fabric to my face, I glance at him, batting my lashes (couln'd help it), as he keeps watching me, now with a tiny smile.

- A-hem – Les breaks the silence, he's standing with his arms crossed – So what are we goint to do now? If you get sick, you won't be able to sell your papes...

- Don't worry, Y/N... – Davey holds my hands once again, gently – I'll sell them for you, you won't have any losses. How many papes do you usually sell in a day?

- Ha! You can't even sell your papes, Davey! And you're gonna want to sell hers too? – Les sounds cruel, I've never seen such a big frown comming from him; He's usually a very joyful child.

- Les! We'll work it out, okay?

The boy shrugs, and his older brother looks back at me.

- I... I'm sorry, Y/N... I don't know what's gotten into him...

- I don't got anything! She's the dumb one who's gonna end up sick!

- Les! What's your problem? She's our friend! – Davey gets up, gently holding his little brother by the shoulders, in a lower tone.

- I know... But now we just have to be here, we'll lose today's sales and-

- You can go, Les! I didn't ask you to stay...

- There, see? Since when do you like her better than you like me?

Realizing it was just jealousy, Davey relaxes and chuckles. I also relax.

- I don't like her better than you... I-I mean! You're both important to me... But she needs the extra help now, okay? And... You're right, I'm not a good seller, but you are... Can you sell the rest of my papes? Someone gotta keep an eye on her, but I'm sure you can sell these real fast and come back when you're done

Davey gets his cloth bag, still kinda full, and hands it to his little brother, who nods his head, smiling. Davey messes up Les' hair, they both chuckling.

- Atchoo! – Dang, I ruined the moment!

They both look at me, and Davey comes to sit by my side again, instintively grabbing my hand once more. Les frowns.

- I will, Davey, I'll sell all your papes. And I'm the one selling yours too, Y/N, got it? Davey could never...

Davey grins at me, amused, since Les can't see his face. – Thank you, Les!

The little boy walks towards the door, but before leaving, he stares at my hand, holding on to Davey's.

- Atchoo!

- God bless you – Davey says with loving eyes.

- You better get well soon, Y/N, or we'll have to call the doctor and he's gonna give you an injection! – Les finally leaves, stomping about.

Davey still chuckles, shaking his head to his jealous brother. I look at him with questioning eyes.

- Don't worry, I'll take care of you... A-and you'll soon be back to selling your papes... – Davey seems a bit more embarraseed now that we're completely alone.

- Thanks, Davey... I'm sorry for worrying you... and for ruining your sales

- N-no! It's okay! Really! – He squezees my fingers – I was just scared you could... you know... and before I had the chance to... a-hem... well...

- I was dumb, I know... I won't do it again... Achoo! – I use his handkerchief to pat my nose.

- I sure hope so, you really scared me! – He thinks a bit – Well, us...

- Thank heavens Les is gonna take care of my papes... I can't lose a day's worth of sales... But if ya want, ya can go, so you don't lose yours too...

Davey caresses my fingers lovingly, a shade of blush on his cheeks.

- Don't worry... Les is goint to sell everythingin half the time I would take... Besides – he uses his other hand to pet my hair– I'd rather be here with you anyway