Violet found the actions of driving a sword through an orc didn't feel nearly as awful as she expected. It was uncomfortable, feeling a sword slice through flesh and muscle and guts, but there was no empathy to be found for these orcs as they fell. A part of her seemed to be fighting for Esselyth and the torture she had to endure. The torture she went through that was so deep that she would forever be separated from her family, from her son.

A deep rage welled up within Violet, one that she had never felt before. And when she got stuck in a lock with an orc, sword bearing against sword, she genuinely thought she may die. Sweat was stuck to her brow, but her will to live and her rage felt like it genuinely could burst out of her. She gave the hardest pushback she could, taking the orc by surprise.

Yanking her wand out, she did the motion for Sectumsempra, watching as the orc fell to the floor, blood seeping out of various wounds on his body. She watched him for only a split-second writhing there on the ground before she made her decision. Taking her sword, she shoved it through his body. Holding it there, she thrust her wand behind her, taking out a line of orcs, knocking them backwards.

She used her sword to pull herself up, and then tried to yank it from the body.

It wouldn't budge. Violet braced herself, turning towards the fight with her wand held tight in her fist. She went between throwing various spells at orcs, watching as they lost their fights, to trying her hardest to yank the sword out from the orc's body. Legolas was her saving grace, putting his hands beside hers as they both yanked with all their might. For a moment while Legolas was there, Violet looked around for a moment, turning around in circles.

"Legolas," she said, noticing as the elves around them fought to keep orcs away from them, "Do you see the Defiler anywhere?"

He took a moment to look around, and said panicked, "No. Where's father?"

And even though he asked, he was pulling her to the right, nearly tripping her over the orc's dead body and back into the fighting. Together they fought off as many orcs as possible, covering each other with spells and arrows, making it to Thranduil as quickly as they could.

He was fighting off two orcs at once when they found him, and each took out an orc for him. Swinging around and locking herself into another fight, Violet said through huffed breaths, "Thranduil!"

"Adar, the Defiler isn't here!"

"What?!" Thranduil said over his shoulder, "Where is he?"

"We don't know!" Violet said. A yell in Black Speech surrounded them, and what orcs remained started surrounding them, trying to push in until they impaled them all. She got squished in between Thranduil and Legolas, with Tauriel on the other side of him. Leaning towards the Elven-king, she whispered, "I thought the scout said no more than forty!"

"He did!" he whispered back.

"Were they expecting us?"

"No, that much I know. I think what happened just now was pure luck on their side. Most of war is, really," Thranduil said, watching around him, "Orcs are military machines, and none is a better general for them than Azog. They looked startled when they heard the command. It wasn't something they expected to do. They were not expecting him to show up on time from wherever he was before."

By now, they were squished together pretty hard, pieces of bodies felt all over hers. The elbow of a dwarf was painfully digging into her thigh. The hand of a random elf was squished into the lowest part of her back. Thranduil's hand was against her arm, and she adjusted until theirs were connected. Another yell in Black Speech made the orcs stop moving, and Azog, atop his white warg, rode forward.