Theia felt her lips fall open, words struggling to leave her throat. She had never looked at the painting in that way. And Gods, Feyre was right. Theia had thought he looked so much older, so much colder when she first saw him back in Windhaven. This painting- Nyx now- was a hint of the boy who treated life so carefree back then. Clearing her throat, Theia forced a smile.

"I believe he brought me back to life, too. In that time, I was nothing but a spirit in my own skin. I've never loved like I love him, and I've never lived a life I care to continue until now. I can't imagine a day without him," Theia spoke softly. Perhaps it was too personal to say, but Mother, was it true. She laid herself out in dangerous situations in hopes her life would end without her forcing it. She hadn't cared what came of her back then. Now, Theia desperately wanted to see the next day, month, year, and century. As long as he was at her side.

Feyre sniffled, making Theia return back to her own mind. A single tear slipped down the High Lady's cheek as she leaned in and pressed soft lips to Theia's cheekbone.

"I cannot wait to see the life you two create."

Those parting words were enough to fill Theia's heart with enough hope and love that it ached. Theia smiled again as she glanced to the painting before she stood. Feyre's hands slipped from hers with a final tight smile before they parted. Theia struggled to keep the tears back as she slipped from the studio and to the double doors. Her hand trembled as she reached for the handle, so she tucked them into her chest and leaned against the wall.

It was surreal to feel such a light sensation in her chest. As much as Rhysand and Azriel make her feel unwelcome, Theia still felt like she had family and purpose- more than she'd ever had in her life. She couldn't fathom that just years before, she was seeking out dangerous males to lure into bed in hopes that whatever they felt pleasure from would kill her in the process. Or when she'd drown herself in whiskey when the tavern closed and pray it was enough to make her body fail. Even months ago, Theia had clung to Silas and used his body to forget the sorrow she felt so deeply. Now, there was no distractions and each moment felt real enough to live.

Theia's eyes flicked to the glass doors, seeing Zen reaching for the handle. Her curls were tied up on the top of her head but a few were stuck to her skin with sweat. There was a wide smile on her face as she looked over her shoulder and shoved the door open. Her laugh rang in the hall like a melody Theia would do anything to hear. A smile lifted on her own lips.

"Did you two have fun?"

Zen's head snapped in Theia's direction, another laugh rising as she nodded. Nyx slipped in the estate behind her, closing the door while shaking his head with a chuckle.

"Old Nyx is out of practice. You should've seen how hard he hit the ground," Zenova laughed, shoving her cousin's shoulder. Nyx rolled his eyes and shoved her back, the smaller female stumbling into the opposite wall. She shrieked with laughter, clutching her leather-clad stomach.

"I let you win," Nyx grumbled, his eyes catching Theia's. A small giggle left her at the interaction but it died in her throat. Nyx's smile grew. His eyes looked over her slowly as he stepped forward. His calloused palm slid over her shoulder and around the back of her neck, tugging her forward. Theia bit down on her bottom lip to hide her smile as he leaned down, brushing his nose with hers.

"And you look absolutely breathtaking today," he murmured, bringing his hand from her neck to tug her lip free. Theia's eyes fluttered shut at the way his knuckles held her jaw and his thumb brushed the soft skin of her lip. He pressed a soft but lingering kiss to her mouth, earning a fake gagging sound from the female to their side.

"I'm going to bathe. Theia, I'll meet you down here in an hour and we can go to the city."

Theia hummed in response, too entranced by Nyx's smile as he pulled away. The soft taps of Zen's boots disappeared down the hall. Nyx tilted his head, studying her eyes.

"Are you alright?"

Theia nodded, lashes fluttering as he ran his thumb over her bottom lip again. "I'm overwhelmed by the way I feel today," she murmured in response. His hand slid up to her hair, twisting a strand by her ear.

"And how do you feel today?"

Theia smiled up at her beautiful lover. Cauldron, she couldn't wait to marry him. His cheeks were still flushed from his sparring session, his hair sweat slicked and brushed back.

"Happy, in love, comfortable... Just happy," she responded. Nyx grinned and dipped down for another kiss. This one was deeper, his hand moving to the back of her head to tug on her hair. He pulled back all too soon, his tongue darting out across his bottom lip.

"You're so beautiful when you're happy," he spoke softly. Theia felt her cheeks warm and that familiar craving of his body against hers. Despite the salty scent of sweat and the dirt on his leathers, Theia stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his waist. Nyx rested his chin atop her head, his own arms around the tops of her shoulders.

"I love you," Theia whispered against his chest.

"And I love you," Nyx responded, gently pushing her back, "Now, I'm going to bathe. You're welcome to join me but I think you look too pretty right now to be ravaged by a smelly male. Go have some lunch and I'll be down to kiss you goodbye before you leave."

Theia grinned but nodded, accepting a quick kiss to her cheek before he walked around her and left the corridor. Theia watched him leave, all too happy to watch his muscular behind in his leathers. He seemed to know what she was looking at, because Nyx lifted his wings and spread them, nearly brushing them against the walls. A small laugh left her as she followed his steps but turned to the kitchens, slipping through the large doors.

To her shock, Rhysand was in the kitchens. His back was to her as he poured wine into two glasses. Theia gnawed on the inside of her lip and went to the icebox to gather cheese and meat. Rhysand turned, wine glass to his lips.

"Hello, Theia. I haven't seen you in a few days," he chided. Theia laid the wrapped plates on the counter and nodded.

"Mmhm, we've been spending some time with just the two of us," she responded softly. Rhysand's lips quirked up as he nodded.

"I'm glad to see you two finding time together. I actually was going to mention to Nyx that I can get you a home just outside the city. There's a cottage at the base of the western mountain, a stream that flows into the Sidra runs through the property. I'm sure you would enjoy it, and maybe you don't want to live with your husband's parents," he teased.

Theia's hands paused on the edge of the plates. Hearing Rhys sound anything other than serious or angry with her was strange. Though, she appreciated his effort. Forcing a smile onto her lips, she nodded.

"I think that sounds nice. I'm going into the city with Zenova today, perhaps we can take a walk by it," she answered. Rhysand nodded again and grabbed the second wine glass. He turned to leave, but paused, looking at her over his shoulder.

"I know I've caused a lot of issues between us, but you make my son happier than he's been since he flew for the first time. I'm glad to have you here, and I promise to do better in the future."

He gave Theia no chance to respond as he turned and pushed the doors open. She watched that spot long after he left. That light feeling in her chest never ceased, though. Theia turned and grabbed the knife and loaf of bread on the counter. If Rhysand made an effort, so would she. It felt good to know that he wanted her with Nyx and that he would treat her like she's meant to be here.