Chapter 19: Visitors

Chapter 19

Katniss P.O.V.

I feel so much better after telling Peeta my fears. He's so sweet I can't believe it.

I talked to Annie and Madge about it that same night and they both gushed about how sweet Peeta is and how he is such a gentleman. Also that a lot of boys wouldn't have been as understanding as Peeta. Of course they added that Finnick and Gale are also gentleman who doesn't do anything they feel uncomfortable with. Madge said that maybe that's why they all fit so good with each other, all three of them are good boys.

I asked what makes us such good friends who fits so good together. And she answered that we're all hot, kind and funny girls. I laughed so hard at that. Annie added that I'm the hottest of the three of us, and of course I did not agree.

God I love Annie and Madge. I don't know what I would do without them. I came here with no hopes of getting good friends, best friends or a boyfriend or best guy friends either for that matter. It feels like I don't deserve them at all.

Today it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday, which is the day of the concert. I really don't want to be in the concert but I don't have a choice. Neither does Annie and Madge and trust me, we all hate it. We're forced to be in the concert so there's nothing to do.

They boys are teasing us and telling us that they look forward to see us on the stage. Obviously they all already know how I sound, but they haven't seen me doing my best, dancing and all of that.

After archery I walk to take a shower in the locker room. I think practice was good today. And on the previous cheer practices I've taught my team a new routine and they've learnt it pretty fast. I'm so happy about my team, they're seriously the best. And in archery, my coach says I'm the best and could actually live on that later on in life if I want to compete in archery full time. I haven't decided what I want to do yet.

I shower quickly before blow-drying my hair and put some clothes on. I put on what I call my lazy clothes. A pair of bright green soft pants and a yellow crop top. I don't care about looking my best right now, it's Friday afternoon and we're not doing anything special today. But I do put a little bit of makeup on. Just something light and not too much.

When I'm done I walk over to our dorm room to drop off everything. While there I meet Annie and Madge. Madge had her ballet and Annie her swim practice this afternoon while I had my archery.

"Hey girl how was practice?" Madge asks, brushing her hair.

"It was good", I say and drop my practice bag.

I walk over to Madge when I see that she's starting to divide her hair.

I braid her hair while Annie puts her hair up in a hair donut. Madge loves the way I do the braids and I often make her braids.

When I'm done, Madge is smiling as bright as the sun.

"Thank you Katniss", she beams.

"No problem", I say and pick up my sunglasses.

I put them on top of my head and put some lime lip salve on my lips.

"I love your outfit Kat", Annie says, putting her own sunglasses on right in front of the hair bun.

"Thanks but it's just my lazy clothes", I say and take up my handbag.

"I know but it's light and bright colors and they fit you really good", Annie winks at me.

"And I bet that Peeta will love that he can see your cute little belly and beautiful butterfly piercing", Madge says. "He'll don't know what to do with himself".