CHAPTER XII: HEART ON FIRE

Hailee pulls into a plaza parking lot before we reach the ramp to Long Island McArthur Airport.

"What are you doing?" I ask, slightly confused.

"I don't want to say bye in front of the airport." She says, pulling into a shaded parking spot away from other cars. "Too many people."

I smile. "We wouldn't want that."

She puts the car in PARK and looks around the lot as she unbuckles her seatbelt. Smiling at how determined she is to have a proper goodbye, I watch as she climbs over the center console.

"Maybe long distance isn't so bad." I smirk, unbuckling my seatbelt and reclining my seat.

"You say that now." She says, positioning herself on top of me.

I pause. "Right... you would know."

She looks at me as she pieces together my reference to Niall, seeing as he felt obligated to call her last night. Something I still don't understand. "Stop..." Hailee says. "That's not what I meant by that."

I nod because I know I'm just overthinking things.

I reach up to place my hand on her face and pull her towards me. Our lips connect and she flips her hair to one side as she lowers herself down on top of me. Not focusing on anything else but her, my hands begin to travel from her waist to her back pockets.

Noticing my hand placement, I can feel her smile against my mouth. "What?" I ask, trying not to smile as well.

"Nothing. I just like it when you touch me."

"Yeah?" I tease.

"Yeah."

She kisses me more passionately than before. I don't know what it is but this girl loses her mind whenever I'm vocal. How am I supposed to go an entire month without her?

"Come home for Thanksgiving." I say, moving my mouth to her neck.

She laughs lightly as she places a hand on my neck and pushes me back against my seat. "What for?" She smiles.

Chills run through me as she takes control of the situation and our conversation. "A month is too long." I answer, scanning her body.

She smiles at my words and I feel her phone vibrate against my hand. Reaching in her back pocket, I roll my eyes at the deja vu. With her hand still on my throat, she pulls her phone in front of her.

"It's work. One second." She says, swiping to accept the call. "Hello?"

She moves her hand from my neck and begins tracing shapes on my arm with her fingertips as she looks around the car, listening to whoever is on the other line.

"Yeah, I believe we're shooting those scenes straight through." She says. I watch as she licks her lips and smiles as she listens.

I lean up to kiss her neck and she wraps her arm around my shoulders.

"Uh huh..." She says, trying not to breathe too heavy. "Yeah, that could- that could work actually."

I listen as her voice fluctuates. I begin sucking but she pulls away immediately and places a finger on my lips. Shaking her head at me, I smile as she tries to keep me in check. I suppose a hickey isn't the best thing to show up to set with...

She leans closer and positions my head where it was, indicating that she doesn't want me to stop completely. "Yeah, we wrapped episode three before I left for Spain so that would work out perfectly."

I continue where I left off and begin unbuttoning her pants. She looks down at me and extends her arm to hold her phone away from us. "Right now?" She whispers, shocked.