'Ani? Don't you think he would be understanding?' Sol said quietly, looking down at him with concern. 'I know that Obi-wan advocated for me to be on the Council as a Master, so I know that he trusts me. And he wasn't accusing when he found out about the Sand People-'

'Don't mention that,' Anakin's head whipped up to face her with his harsh words, before they softened at the sight of Sol's beautiful eyes. '... please. It hurts to think about what happened... about my mother...'

'I'm sorry...' 

Anakin pursed his lips and went to voice his own apology, but decided against it. The sight of Sol's worried eyes made him want to turn to jelly and get on his knees in forgiveness for being so abrupt. But when he thought about Obi-wan, about how he hinted that he knew about their relationship, Anakin's anger tried to take over. He had to suppress his emotions to make sure he didn't blow up in front of Sol, so he took his anger into his hands and clenched them tightly together.

'When you spoke to Obi-wan...' Anakin's words were clipped. '... did he say this to you after you spoke about me?'

'What do you mean?' it was Sol's turn to be confused. 

'Did you talk to him about why you were acting so strange on the cruiser?' Anakin said as he stood up from the sofa. 'I noticed how you were towards me, Solaris. You barely wanted to look at me, and then you spoke with Obi-wan, and then you're back to your normal self. Did you talk about me? Is Obi-wan your shoulder to cry on, now?'

'Anakin, what is this about?' Sol was shocked at how Anakin's words fell out of his mouth as if they were poison. 

When he stood from the sofa to tower over her, Sol looked up at Anakin with even more concern than before. Sol didn't like how the conversation had turned, but she didn't regret bringing the subject up. She had resisted in telling Anakin so many things lately, that she wanted to feel confident in suggesting something that Anakin found discomforting. If she could open up to Obi-wan about her troubles, she wanted to open up to Anakin about her progressive thoughts.

Anakin looked away from Sol with his jaw clenched. He could feel the anger heating his face, and he did everything he could to protect Sol from its wrath. He knew what he was capable of, and the last thing he wanted was to let his emotions get the better of him in front of the woman he loved. She was his safe space, his everything, and she didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of his lack of control.

'If its jealousy about Obi-wan, then you must be delirious-'

'Am I?!'

Sol jumped backwards.

'Am I delirious to think that Obi-wan is trying to insert himself into all this?! He's just like the Council; making sure they have full control over everything. Do you want to know what I think, Solaris?'

Sol glanced towards the bedroom over Anakin's broad shoulder.

'I think that he's trying to take you away from me.'

'What?!' Sol exclaimed in disbelief. 'That's insane! He's done so much for you and I! He put me forward for missions, a-and to become a Master-' 

'To have you under their watch! If what you're saying is true, that Obi-wan knows, then of course he would want you on the Council!'

Sol couldn't believe what she was hearing. Anakin had turned the celebratory night into something negative and accusing. She thought that Anakin was happy about her achievements, as he had expressed how proud he was of her only hours before. He had spun her around Padme's apartment and was reassured that Sol would give up everything to be with him forever. How could the slight mention of Obi-wan and his kindness send Anakin spiraling into an angry, accusing, hateful version of himself?