Chapter One: The Scarlet Mail

The cafe in our place is a little quiet since only the boujie kids are hanging in here.

I didn't expect working here means just sitting here waiting for customers to come.

I mean I'm surprised this coffee shop isn't closed yet considering how expensive the prices are.

I can hear the bells chime as a familiar guy walks in the shop.

His brown spiky hair and the James Dean look in his eyes are why all the girls are obsessed with him

He's giving a bad boy vibe and he's in a gang so I believe he is a bad boy.

"Good morning Taylor" He winks at me as he lean towards the counter.

"You're late" I frown.

"Cut me some slack, I had a rough night" He frowns.

He walks around the counter and takes his black leather jacket off.

"So you had a rough night and you came in two hours before your shift ends?" I fold my arms and stare at him putting his apron on.

"Look, I get it, you're time conscious. Congratulations but that won't make you better than me"

"You have a job Jack! You could at least give me a heads up before you go and ditch me leaving me to work here alone!" I raise my voice slightly out of frustration.

"Well, I'm sorry that my life is more fun than yours! loosen the fuck up!" He raises his voice furiously.

I stare at him in shock.

"There are literally only a few fucking customers! And it's not even that busy! I don't understand why the fuck are you bitching me?! Are you obsessed with me or something?!"

I just stare at him as my eyes starts to water.

His voice is so loud that it echoes throughout the whole coffee.

Even the customers stops what they're doing just to eavesdrop.

I did this.

I shouldn't have nagged him.

But I'm beyond pissed about how he doesn't even take everything seriously.

But I can't even move.

I shrug and try to make myself look confident and untouchable.

"Boss called me a while ago, asked me where you've been. I wasn't able to answer... Because you never told me where you were. I could've covered for you, but I'm scared that our lies wouldn't match so I stayed silent. Now, he's not only threatens to fire you. He's threatening to fire me too" I glare at him.

His eyes widens realizing what he's done and then he looks at me with sorry eyes.

His expression turns from being sorry to emotionless.

"You could've just thrown me under the bus" He sighs.

"Just don't talk to me" I roll my eyes as I continue to work.

All through out the next hour, I can feel him staring at me.

The whole cafe is quiet and I swear I could hear my own breathing.

I even wonder why I didn't quit this fucking job.

I lean against the counter and think about how simple life was when I was a kid.

I am so deep into thinking that I didn't realize Jack is walking towards me.

He takes a deep breath and then clears his throat which makes me look up.