"Imena. I have to go." My mother speaks up. I turn from the boy, my face softening as I nod. "Maybe you can visit?" 

She gulps, nodding hesitantly. "Yeah, maybe." Those are some other words for, not happening. 

I take a deep breath, pushing down the sob threatening to come out. I don't want to cry, especially in front of this asshole. I wrap my mother in a hug, squeezing her tightly as I'm determined to enjoy and memorize every detail about her. 

She pulls away all too soon, kissing the top of my head. "You got this." 

And I watch pathetically as the only parent I've ever known walks away from me. Leaving me into a world I was born into, but never a part of. 

-

The walk was pretty silent. The boy walked behind me, bow drawn. Apparently, my mother being able to cross the barrier garnered suspicion and he is convinced that I am a spy for Luke. 

Why my mom being able to cross over the barrier is bad? I don't know. 

Who is Luke? I don't know. 

Is this boy going to kill me? Maybe. 

I stumble down the grassy hill, finding myself walking past a farm of short, thick green leaves. I pause, looking closer to see small red dots that upon further inspection, reveal themselves to be strawberries. 

I smile, reaching out to pluck one before my hand is smacked with a bow. "Ow!" I say, drawing back my hand. 

The boy glares at me. "Keep walking. And don't touch those. Pollux has been working very hard on them. It's already bad with the Stoll brothers stealing them." 

I don't know who any of those people are, but he seems to like Pollux and holds a certain distaste towards the Stoll brothers. I huff and continue my walking. Choosing to pretend like I'm doing it for my own reasons, and not because he told me. 

Eventually, we get to the backside of a large house with Greek-style pillars. We walk around, our footsteps clicking on the concrete. We walk around to a brown door. The boy pushes it open, revealing a warm living room. A fire place stands in front of us. Built in bookshelves on either side, and two arm chairs sitting across from each other in front of it. 

To the left, a door leads to what seems to be an old-styled kitchen and living room. To the right, two different stairs. One leading up, and another leading down.