Part One - Hazel

-HAZEL'S FIRST LETTER TO ALEXANDER-

To Alexander,

Aunt Helen has become sick again. We think it's the flu.

Hope you are well,
Your cousin Henry.

Dear Alexander,

I hope this finds you, Daisy accidentally ripped part of the school address you gave me.

Have you solved any cases in the time between the train ride and now? I'd love to hear about them!

The term has been quite quiet so far for Daisy and I. Our only case has been The Mystery Of The Boy In Town.

Our friend, Kitty, has had her eye on a boy she met in the cinema for a few days, so, naturally, she asked Daisy to find out things about him. I thought it was quite stalker-ish, but Daisy reminded me that it was only detective work.

I decided I didn't want anything to do with it, though, since Kitty was going on about following him home. She's strange sometimes, very boy-obsessed. I sincerely hope I don't become like that for anyone!

Did I do the cousin thing right? I do hope so! From what you said, the censoring at your school is ridiculous. I'm terribly glad Deepdean doesn't do anything like that, I'm not sure how I'd feel about my letters being opened. They're private, after all.

I'm writing this during Latin, which is terribly boring. What's your favourite subject at school?

Also, do you like reading? I do, I'm currently reading 'Murder On The Orient Express.'  I'd definitely recommend it if you haven't already read it. Daisy convinced me to read it after the case on the train.

Sorry again about that, Daisy would hate me if she knew I said this, but the way she treated you really wasn't fair. You're an amazing detective!

I'm running out of things to say now, so I think I'll stop here.

Write back soon!
Hazel