Chapter 4 : An Unexpected Path

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Your grip on Jumper's feathers tightened, a blend of frustration and determination settling within you. "Can't you give me a moment's respite?"

Dazai's chuckle was almost musical, a testament to his carefree nature. "But where's the fun in that?"

Atsushi offered you an apologetic smile, genuine remorse in his eyes. "I'm sorry for the trouble we've caused."

You raised your hands in a gesture of surrender, your heart pounding in your chest. "I don't want to fight," you called out, your voice echoing in the air. "I just needed to clear my head."

Dazai and Atsushi slowed their approach, their expressions shifting from determination to curiosity. Their presence was oddly calming, a contrast to the urgency that had fueled your escape.

"We're not here to hurt you," Dazai said, his words a mix of reassurance and intrigue. "But we'd like to understand why you've been causing such a commotion."

Atsushi nodded, his kind eyes reflecting empathy. "Your ability is powerful, but it can be used for good too. We want to help you find that balance."

As their voices reached you, a sense of vulnerability washed over you. These individuals, who were once just characters on a screen, now stood before you with a shared purpose—to help, to understand, and to connect. The rooftop, once a refuge of escape, suddenly felt like a crossroads of fate.

You took a step back, and Jumper gave a reassuring nudge. The city's sounds seemed to soften, casting a warm glow on this unexpected encounter. With a mixture of hesitation and resolve, you let your arms fall to your sides.

"I didn't mean for things to get this far," you admitted, your voice carrying a hint of remorse. "I can control my ability, but... I just needed some time alone."

Dazai's enigmatic smile deepened, his eyes glinting with understanding. "We all need a breather now and then."

Taking a deep breath, you met their gazes squarely. "But you need to know that I had my reasons for what I've done.", You admitted, your voice clear and steady. 

Dazai's eyes twinkled with a hint of mischief. "Secrets, eh? Well, we're no strangers to those."

Atsushi nodded, his kindness evident. "We won't force you to share if you're not ready. Just know that we're here when you are."

Their understanding gestures reassured you, but a question still lingered. "So, what now?" you asked, looking at them both.

Dazai leaned casually against a ventilation unit. "Well, since we've caught up with you, how about we take a break? We could continue this conversation over a cup of coffee."

You raised an eyebrow, skepticism lingering in your expression. "Coffee? Or is this just another way to keep tabs on me?"

Dazai's grin turned mischievous. "Why not both?"

Atsushi chimed in, his smile reassuring. "It's a chance for us to explain things better and clear up any misunderstandings."

Dazai nodded in agreement.

You nodded with them and as you started to walk, Jumper tugged at your vest and picked up a little something, showing it to you.

It was something flashing a little red light.

"Wait. A tracker ? Is that how you easily found me in this short of time ?!", you asked perplexed.

Dazai's grin widened, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Ah, you've caught onto our little secret, have you?"