Chapter 6 - Aroused

(This is only 1st half of the chapter. I wanted to publish this much first to read the response of someone who enjoys me book a lot ^-^. The rest will come soon)

With the flick of my wrist, I unleash the dagger in my grasp. It lands point-first into the center of the target. Gazing at my weapon stuck in the wooden surface, I remain unfeeling. "Great!", Logan compliments with labored breath, "You've mastered the dagger-throwing technique already!"

"Mmm...," I murmur with mild disinterest before removing myself from my spot and approaching the target, pulling the blade out.

Mastering different abilities results in fewer reasons for our private lessons to continue.

Despite wishing to deliberately lose so that he feels the need to keep coaching me himself, I am unsure of how my skills would be perceived. What if he thinks I'm an incompetent apprentice?

"Why don't you switch back to using crossbow?", the male suggests, and I glance back at him. Already done with his forty pushups, he now is using a jumping rope. Apparently, training me is no reason for him to skip his personal workout. Under the blazing sun, his moist cotton shirt sticks to his body as if it were a second skin. His gray locks fall forward and cling to his brow.

Pausing his exercise, he pulls at the hem of his shirt and lifts it to dab at his sweat-streaked face, affording me a brief glimpse of his chiseled abs, which flex with every movement. Taking a deep breath, he resumes his jumping rope exercise, the muscles of his arms and shoulders flexing rhythmically. With his intense gaze fixed on me, I realize that he is expecting me to return to practicing with a crossbow.

"On it already...", I mumble while averting my flustered face. I approach the table and pick up the crossbow before loading it with a wooden stake.

"You look like you're in a bad mood today," my partner notes. "Is it because of the weather? I feel like I'm melting here."

I shake my head and aim the weapon at the target, "No, I'm fine. I'm not the one carrying out an intensive workout."

"Aye, I didn't want to be overly fatigued to shoot properly. Your issue with the crossbow's weight has been on my mind."

I hold onto my response to focus on the bullseye. My right index finger pulls the trigger, causing my arms to jerk back with recoil. I lower it and inspect the stake that impales the outer ring. I frown slightly and exhale, "Considering you lift the entirety of this weapon with only one arm, I believe I should follow your vigorous workout routine."

The male chuckles and I direct my attention towards him. "Don't worry, I will focus on your workout routine after this.", Logan assures me before tilting his head upward and squinting his eyes as he glances at the sky. "Not a single cloud..." Huffing, he lowers his head and firmly grips the hem of his shirt with both of his hands. Swiftly lifting the fabric, he pulls it off his head and discards it on the ground.

My breath hitches at the sight and my peepers move swiftly over his form. The man's body is a literal work of art, meticulously crafted from marble, displaying ripples of muscles and sharply defined abs. He sports a chiseled chest and bulging biceps, covered by his lean, pale sweat-soaked skin that glistens in the sunrays. When he moves, the muscles of his body flex. Just from his presence, he exudes a raw charisma that is tough to resist; he is a living embodiment of the perfect masculine form.

As if the day wasn't already hot enough, my cheeks and ears suddenly turned blazing red at the thought of him manhandling me in bed. The image of his strong arms wrapped around me made the heat pulse through my body, while my heart rapidly thumped in my chest. His approaching figure left me frozen, my mind and body unable to process the intense feelings of lust, helplessness, and desire.