Ch.13

I swallow the lump in my throat as I enter the gates to my school. I see people staring but I shrug it off as I continue to my locker. I push my way through the crowd of people gathered at my locker. I get to the front and see Harry, Liam, and .Zayn at my locker.

"Everybody, GO!" Zayn yells, and the crowd of people obey him. I look past the boys and I see banners and papers with bad sayings taped to my locker. I push past them and rip them off my locker. I bundle them up and throw them in a nearby trash can.

"Come on, let's go." Liam says while him and Harry grab my arms and lead me to a dark corner. I look back and see Zayn flirting with some chick.

They instruct me to sit down so I do.

"Why don't you just give up? It's not like you have anybody to save you anyways." Harry whispers in my ear. Louis and Niall would. I don't dare say that though.

"Harry, you don't know how bad I do want to give up! There's nothing on this earth here for me!" I shouted

"Just do it." Harry spoke softly. I look up at him and furrow my brow. He shrugs and looks back at me.

"Do you know what's it like?" I ask

"Like what? You're making no sense."

"To be your own bestfriend."

"No. But you deserve everything you get Ashley!" he yells at me. I shudder at the tone of voice he used.

"No I don't Harry! Word travels fast at this school, I know why you bully me. You do it because I did something to you when I first moved here so now you are using that against me!"

"Don't put words in my mouth! That's not even what happened Ashley!"

"THEN WHAT IS IT?! IM SO CONFUSED HARRY! TELL ME!" I yell.

He sighs and sits down on the wall across from me. "It was because you were an easy target. I was bullied in 3-6th grade and I needed somebody to take it out on. I figured that somebody who didn't know what being bullied feels like deserves to know what it feels like. And you know what, I'm never stopping. It was so bad that I can't quit."

"Harry, I moved here because I was bullied! You know you're a little prick right? Keep that in mind." I say while getting up and walking down the hall. I round the corner and run into Liam. I didn't even notice that he left. I inhale big gulp of air and exhale deeply.

"Ashley, Zayn is pissed right now so run to your first class before you get hurt." he says looking down in my eyes. I shake my head and run down the hall. I run down the hall to my first class and see Zayn push a blonde down to the ground. Zayn walks off and leaves the blonde on the floor. I skid to a stop at the sight of him hurting somebody besides me. I run up to her to see if she was ok.

"Um, are you okay?" I awkwardly say. She looks up at me and I see her blue eyes are brimmed with tears. She nods her slowly and looks away.

"I'm Ashley, what's your name?"

"I..I er, um Perrie." she stutters.

"Why did Zayn do that to you?" I ask. It was probably a touchy subject for her so I tried to approach it lightly.

"I was Zayn's girlfriend and I saw him hitting you one day with his friends and I told him if he didn't stop I would break up with him. He didn't stop so I told him it was over. Then he started hurting me." she says as more tears threaten to spill over.

"Well, I'm not exactly in the mood for school so want to stop at Nandos?" I ask her. She shakes her head yes and stands up. We go to our lockers and grab our stuff before walking to my car. We get in the car and drive to Nandos.

"How long were you dating Zayn?" I say to fill the awkward silence.

"Err, two months?" she replies. I nod my head and lock my eyes on the road

After Nandos, school is already over so we decide to drive to my house.

"Are you a senior?" she asks me.

"Yep. Are you?"

"Yeah. So you're 17 or 18?"

"17. Well, I turned 18 today. I dont really like to draw attention to myself so I don't say anything."

"Omg we so have to do something!" she calls.

"Oh gosh please no." I say back.

"OH turn here!" she says while pointing to the nearest store she sees. I sigh and turn into a parking space. We walk into the grocery store and she pulls me to the cake station (do they even have those in London? I don't even know) and pulls out a box of cupcakes. We walk to the line and the cashier tells us our total and Perrie pays.

"Here you go! It's not a lot but it's atleast something." she says while thrusting the box at me.

"Thank you!" I say

We pull into my driveway and walk into the house. I set the cupcakes on the counter and we walk upstairs into my room. I notice Perrie on her phone a lot but I don't say anything about it.

After about 5 minutes of silence, Perrie speaks up. "So how about going to the pub for your birthday?" she asks

"Erm, I don't know. Who will go?"

"Just a few people. What do you say?"

"Okay. When will we go?"

"Right now! Get ready and everybody will meet up here." she says. I nod my head and get up and walk to my closet. I take out my coral colored slouchy top thingy, black shorts, brown pumps, gold hoops, and I apply eyeliner, and mascara. I curl my hair to finish off the look. I walk out of the bathroom and see that Perrie is gone so I walk downstairs. I see Perrie by the door so I walk over to her.

"Change of plans, we're just going to meet up with everybody ther okay?"

"Okay. Well then, let's go!" I say. We walk to the car and hop in. We drive in silence for a minutes before I break the silence.

"So who's all going?"

"Louis, Liam, a couple of my friends, and just a few other people." she says. We pull into the parking structure of the pub and hop out of the car. We walk the few to the pub and enter. It smelt of sweat, and a mixture of different alcohols. We walk to a corner booth in the back of the booth in the back of the pub and she slides in next to her friends. I scan my eyes around the many people squished in the small booth and my eyes land on Harry. I roll my eyes and shift my weight to my other leg.

"Louis will be here later." he scoffs as he crosses his arms and leans back on the booth. I nod and turn around to look at the dance floor. I see people drunkenly dancing and grinding on eachother.

After about an hour, Louis still hasn't shown up. I sat alone at the booth while everybody else has left for the dance floor.

"Are you sure you don't want to dance? What about a drink?" she asks.

"No I'm fine. I haven't seen you drink anything!" I laugh.

"I prefer water over alcohol. Well, if you need anything just tell me." she says as she walks off back to the dance floor. I nod as she goes. What I really needed was my boyfriend. I groan as I lay my head in my arms on the table. I lift it when I hear somebody clear their throat.

"Niall!" I yell as I jump out of the booth. I wrap my arms around his neck and hold on to him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"Um, Ashley?" he asks as he pulls away. I look up and meet his icy blue eyes. I see sadness and mixs of other emotions swirling in his eyes.

"Well Louis is kind of...."

**************************************************************************

Woah, that took FOREVER to update! Enjoy!! -Taylor