Shot

For JARJ_ARMY

Hoseok yawned as he woke up that morning. The members were set to put on a concert that night in LA and he was excited. It was one of their first concerts back in America since the pandemic, and he was excited to finally see American ARMY again since it had been so long since their last concert there. 

He checked his phone, eyes widening at the sheer amount of texts he had from the members' groupchat from early, very early, that morning. The texts ranged from "did you find your shirt?" to "my favorite sex position is ..." and Hoseok wasn't going to bother to read them.

Instead, he decided to check Weverse, like any normal idol would do. 

He smiled as he saw comments like, "I'm so excited to see BTS perform tonight!"  and "How's your morning, Hobi?", those of which he quickly answered and then decided to post a selfie, which immediately got 10K+ likes. 

But then he stumbled upon a comment saying, "Just you wait for tonight, J-Hope. I think you'll be surprised."

Immediately, his eyebrows raised. But then he remembered that often, ARMY liked to plan special surprises for them, so he immediately relaxed. Maybe he was overthinking it.

He decided he was bored and that the other members needed to be awake too. He texted the groupchat to tell them he was going to head to the venue early and that they could join him if they would like to and to meet him in the hallway if they were awake.

Seeing as none of the other members had exited their hotel rooms to get ready for a quick run-through rehearsal, he took it upon himself to let himself into their respective rooms and slowly help them rise from sleep. 

Taehyung hadn't even moved, instead sleeping with his mouth open and choosing to breathe directly into Hoseok's face, and his breath stunk. Jungkook was more or less the same, though deep snores were expelled from his chest. He smiled softly, seeing how cute the two maknaes of the group were when they slept. 

As none of the members were awake, he decided to head to the studio by himself. 

***

"Hoseok-hyung? Are you down here?"

His head shot over to look at the doorway of the dance studio, where Jimin stood holding a cold bottle of water. Hoseok stopped the music on his phone that was connected to the abnormally large stereo and headed over to the younger member, wiping the sweat from his forehead as he did so. He greeted Jimin and gratefully accepted the water bottle, gulping it down quickly and relishing the coolness of the bottle on his forehead. 

Jimin pat him on the back and said, "Hyung, we have to get ready for the concert soon. It's after lunchtime."

Hoseok's eyes widened. Had he really been dancing that long? "What time is it?"

Jimin took out his phone and looked. "Uhhh 1:56. We gotta get to the venue soon and practice before the sound check."

Then, Hoseok's phone rang through the speaker, making his ring tone even louder and more obnoxious than usual. I think I have to change it ... 

He answered, seeing as it was Jin. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Hoseok-ah, you need to come back and shower! We gotta go soon. Jimin's with you, right?"

"Yes hyung, I'll be back soon. I'm just closing up now."

He and Jimin exited the studio and Jin seemed relaxed now that the two had returned. The two hurried over to where the other members stood and greeted them, then headed for sound check. The stadium was on the larger side, and they would be singing for over 40,000 people tonight, which was quite intimidating.