ten

𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

╰┈➤ CHAPTER TEN

┌── •✧• ──┐

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗦

midnight rain - taylor swift

"He was sunshine I was midnight rain,
he wanted it comfortable I wanted that pain"

└── •✧• ──┘

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 "𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘" 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 "𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘" 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋. The colors, the temperature, the overall feeling that autumn brought truly was beautiful to her. If she could, she would live in the state of autumn indefinitely.

She was sitting on a blanket at the black lake, reading one of her favorite muggle books, which her parents raised her on. She was reading Pride and Prejudice — she could not get enough of Darcy... ever. She would never get tired of the longing looks, the tension, the enemies to lovers trope.

Today was perfect. It was quiet, as most people were in Hogsmeade, and the temperature was perfect for a sweater and an old pair of jeans.

"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever." Adelaide smiles at the climax of the book, keeping herself from squealing for the hundredth time after reading this line.

She loved the change. The nervousness of Elizabeth, the sweet words the two exchanged together despite the anxiety that was felt. To change from hate to love... she ate it up every time.

She was so enthralled with the book she didn't even hear the steps coming to her direction, or feel the blanket move as someone sat in it. She just continued to read, in her own world.

"What are you reading?"

She jumped, turning to see who scared her out of her peaceful nature. She groaned upon seeing who it was.

"Pride and Prejudice." She replied simply, going back to reading her book, attempting to ignore the boy beside her.

James couldn't stop staring at her. She truly looked like she was in her element. With the brown sweater on, making her look more pale than she typically did, and some old jeans that have seemed to turn lighter than they originally were... she looked beautiful.