03 | eum- what?

Mulai dari awal

The brunette formed his lips into a thin line and nodded. "Well thanks then. I'll enjoy it." Ricky only hummed at that, it wasn't like he had anything to say to the other boy.

He noticed the younger not making any movement to go. So he asked instead, "Aren't you gonna get going?" At that point, Ricky wasn't even sure if he should address Gyuvin as a pizza delivery boy or a classmate from his college. The second option seemed better to him to be honest ; but that's a thought for later because certainly the human sized puppy, overly talkative Gyuvin was stammering and could not get his words right.

"Do you need something?" Ricky asked, face completely painted with a bland expression.

"I was saying uh if we can be friends." He finally mustered up his words and uttered. But seeing Ricky's slight frown and disinterest in the topic he quickly added, "I mean since we are classmates in the same college and we've interacted thrice already!" His voice was rather cheerful at the last part.

Ricky stared at the latter for a few seconds, with literally no expression and uttered a very audible 'no'.

"And if you're done then you can go. Oh and next time just get the order right, I don't really want any make up treat out of gratitude." He added to which Gyuvin could only take a step back. He exhaled the air he was holding in his lungs since Ricky's last sentence after the door was closed right before his face. But he wasn't gonna give up that soon ; he was The Kim Gyuvin for a reason after all.

next day -

Gyuvin roamed around like like a lost puppy in the lunch hour. It wasn't like he didn't feel hungry, he definitely needed some proper food in his system. But having lunch alone just didn't sit right him, considering how he was basically a social butterfly. He got a chicken sandwich from the cafeteria because that was the only edible food there. Gyuvin contemplated if he should take a drink or not. He fumbled in his pocket for some cash and finding a little money, he dropped the thought. A subtle sigh made its way out of his mouth.

He made his way to the cafeteria tables and jackpot ! Ricky was sitting in a table at the corner. all by himself. What an perfect opportunity to work on his mission, 'melting the rich blonde's ice' as he stated to his (un)lucky friend last night.

Gyuvin waddled his way to the said boy and sat right across him. Ricky, who was scribbling something on his notebook, looked up immediately, startled. He cursed under his breath seeing the sly grin on Gyuvin's face. "Hi." The younger one greeted while unwrapping his sandwich.

"Bye." And as Ricky was about to get up, the other quickly held him down by his wrist. His face seemed somewhat pleading? Ricky wondered why, a social butterfly like the slightly taller male was not supposed to seek for Ricky's attention in the lunch time. Or maybe he was, probably he really was a creep as Ricky assumed earlier.

"I'm too tired to deal with his shits" and thinking so, the blonde jerked his hand from Gyuvin's grip for a second time and walked away.

Gyuvin exclaimed a dramatic 'hey' before getting up and running to catch up with the other. He finally matched Ricky's pace and spoke, "Look, I know I came off as unusual to you-"

"Weird and creepy." The elder corrected sternly.

Gyuvin somehow whined a 'whatever' and continued anyway, "I swear I just wanna be friends." He finished in one sentence, shocking Ricky quite a bit. "Why?" He asked calmly again. At this point, he probably enjoyed Gyuvin's company. Just because college is boring, okay?

Gyuvin, on the other hand, couldn't muster any words. He couldn't randomly blurt out anything like he usually did. Ricky eyed him for a few seconds ; the younger looked like a lost puppy while finding for words. His orbs darted side to side and his lips kept getting parted and shut. So, the latter decided to speak first, "I'm Ricky."

Gyuvin's ears perked up at his voice, a smile of victory blooming at his face. But realizing what the elder muttered, he whined again. "Well I know that already!" He threw his hand here and there, taking uneven steps, complaining about how Ricky should tell him something he didn't know ; which is everything except his name to be honest.

"Tell me something I don't know." He demanded in a cute manner.

"Well, I'm not interested in you?"

"Ricky!" Gyuvin exclaimed, dramatically making a crying face in the process. He stomped his feet on the ground and let out more complaints. Seeing Gyuvin throw his silly little tantrum definitely made Ricky chuckle.

Gyuvin side-eyed the latter and of course examined his face too. "You don't seem korean though." He mumbled.

Ricky nodded and looked down, afraid that the other would make fun of him for his bad pronunciation, it's always been like that. He wouldn't be even surprised if Gyuvin laughed at how bizarre he could sound sometimes or how his vocabulary was not very enrich.

"Your korean is real good though!" His voice sounded cheerful and appreciative? Ricky smiled a little at that, it was probably the first compliment he recieved for his korean and it made him feel worthy, it made him warm from inside.

"Thanks." He spoke, the smile didn't leave his face even when he met eyes with the latter.

"So where are you from?"

"China."

"That's so dope! Can you speak a little bit of chinese for me?" Gyuvin requested in a squealing tone. Ricky shook his head and muttered an 'idiot' under his breath.

"Pretty please?"

"Why don't you tell me something about you?" The blonde changed the topic. Swiftly? He wouldn't say so, Gyuvin was just too dumb. Though, by that Ricky never expected Gyuvin to spit out his entire lifestyle to him. He started with his name and the list consisted of his siblings, his friends, his favourite sport, his favourite pizza place (which is where he works at), his favourite colour, his hobby, his dream and what not!

"And there's this special family member. Her name is eumpappa. She is my majestic puppy, italian greyhound if you must know."

Ricky swore he had to hear about eum- whatever her name was for hours. And who the heck even named their dog after the first gibberish they spoke as their first words?

"Let me show you her photos! She is super cute, I swear you'll coo at her." And when Gyuvin was about to unlock his phone, Ricky pretended to look at his wrist watch. "Oh look the time! I gotta run, bye." And he fled away.

Gyuvin could only stand there, dumbfounded to be specific. "But he didn't even have a wristwatch?"

at night -

Ricky got home at something like 8 pm, got fresh and lied down on his king sized bed. His head was buried in the pillow for a couple of minutes before he decided to browse through his phone.

The first notification was from an unknown number. Being the curious soul he was, Ricky decided to check it anyway.

Unknown

That's my baby eumpappa <3

A very loud and feminine screech was heard in the room, produced by Ricky himself

A very loud and feminine screech was heard in the room, produced by Ricky himself. How did Gyuvin even manage to find his contact number?

1.9k words.