Stop. That's for the future. Right now, I get to make a choice.

I glance at the timer.

Time remaining to make selection: 01h32m46s

And I have an hour and a half to make it, or until they move out of range, so how about I don't waste time.

I hesitate. I do this and there's no going back. I mean, this is better than anything my dad chose for me, but...

But the alternative is to take a chance on whoever I'll walk across on the way back. If I can even find my way without that directions sense ability. I know Court's somewhere north of here, but I have no idea where North is.

I select the class.

Class Selection made: Explorer

Are you certain? Yes/No

Yes.

Now, even if they move out of range, I have a class.

Class Selected: Explorer, Level 1

As an explorer, you gain 1 point in Endurance, Intelligence, and Health per level. As a human, you gain a point to assign where you desire per level.

You have 1 point to assign.

Do you want to assign your point at this time? Yes/No

No. I'm pretty sure I'm putting it in strength, but I've heard too many horror stories from back when the old folks didn't know how this went, about those who put everything they had in what ended up being the wrong attribute for their class.

You gain the Skill: Drawing(Specialization: cartography)

As an Explorer, you gain 2 skill points per level. As a Human, you gain 1 skill point per level.

You have 3 Skill point to assign.

Do you want to assign your point at this time? Yes/No

No, Absolutely not. That's going to require even more thoughts than the attribute, since buying a new skill with a point saves me months of training.

You have gained the Ability, Direction Sense(Locations)

When you think of a location you have cataloged, you know where it is. To catalog a location, all you need to do is enter its zone. The more you have explored the location, the clearer its direction will be.

Select your first Ability from those available to you

Field Research, Maximum Rank: 11

Any skills used to learn about creatures you have cataloged are 50% more effective. To catalog a creature, you only have to have fought it once. Additional Ranks increase the effectiveness by 5%

Momentum, Maximum ranks: 16

So long as you are running and maintain 2 points of contact on a surface, you can continue to move even if the surface is not horizontal. Maximum angle from horizontal where the ability can be used: 135 Degrees. Additional ranks increase the angle by 3 degrees.

Planning ahead: maximum Rank: 26

You gain the skill: Researching(specialization: Geography)

When researching geographical locations, you progress 50% faster. Additional ranks add 1%

Taking it on the Nose, Maximum Rank: 51